Confirmed with Link: Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov for a 2024 5th and 2026 3rd.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
does he ever play right side? ?

I know Cole can play right side.

assuming we end up signing Bear:

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Bear
Zadorov Cole

Myers
Friedman
Juulsen

and if we dont get Bear than you move up Myers.
Zadorov actually was drafted as a rare left handed RD and played the right side almost exclusively

Reactions: biturbo19

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
does he ever play right side? ?

I know Cole can play right side.

assuming we end up signing Bear:

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Bear
Zadorov Cole

Myers
Friedman
Juulsen

and if we dont get Bear than you move up Myers.

Zadorov, Cole, and Soucy have all played the right side. Coaching staff seems hesitant to play defencemen on their offhand. Unknown if this is a lefty on the right side thing since Friedman has been playing the left side and he's a righty.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
We might need to start putting some respect on Patrik Allvin's name.
giphy.gif

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
This would be an amazing outcome

And Ive gotta say, Allvin has been scooping up all the very strong depth pieces that pop up around the league at pennies on the dollar. These accumulative additions are how you build a contender
Yeah I am guessing we will get Bear and once Soucy gets close, which should be around late Jan, Myers will be on the way out.

Reactions: MarkMM

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
They had to be, honestly. Like I know on a relative scale that it's crazy, but when they made that Hronek trade, they put themselves in a position where they HAD to make a ton of moves and the majority of them had to be wins as well.

Pretty much locked themselves into this course of action since the Miller trade. You either commit to the course of action or completely doom themselves. I think a lot of us felt they still wasted too much time but are trying to make up for it now.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Cheap price for a good rental. But it sounds like they like him as a long term fit and in that regard would have preferred if they aimed higher.
I was hoping they would make a bigger play for Hafinin. Would have really changed this team going forward (he would have to be signed and I have no idea how they would have accomplished that).

VIPettersson

Apr 9, 2018
I must say I'm very impressed considering sources said Calgary didn't want to trade Zadorov within their division and also at the cost! This is peanuts for a very able body D man. Even if he only stays on this year I would say its a win. Also Zadorov's truculence is very much needed on this team.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Capfriendly has the Canucks at 2.03m in cap space (LTIR). Will need to clear space to fit in Bear and Soucy, assuming everyone else is healthy and Suter isn't moved to LTIR.

My speculation, they eventually move Myers and try to do it with as little retention as possible.

Reactions: arttk and Bonham

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Nice trade.

Price actually seems fair? I don't think it's a steal or anything, figured he would be worth a 2nd so a 3rd & really early 5th is pretty much the same.
Can’t say I agree with your value assessment here.

A second is worth much more then a 3rd and a 5th.

As in, I would never in a million years trade a 2nd for a 3rd and a 5th, unless the 3rd and 2nd were within 5 places of each other.

I wouldn’t even do a 2nd for a third and 5 5ths

Although Im of the opinion that the value of picks in real player drafted terms drops 50 percent every 10 spots. You just are not getting much more then a scratch and win ticket after the 2nd round.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I think it’s still kinda hilarious he asked for a trade immediately after that Leafs game LOL

“f*** this shit I want out—get me out Milstein!”

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad