Confirmed with Link: Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov for a 2024 5th and 2026 3rd.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
"So this Conroy idiot started negotiations asking asking for a 1st+"

1239380721.jpg
That face fits that quote so well lol

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
It was super obvious the team needed a dman after seeing McWard and Juulsen play 9 and 13 minutes respectively last game. Price is unbelievably cheap, which makes this a worthwhile deal.

Ultimately is a 4/5 caliber dman, similar to Soucy and Cole, but when you have a top pairing line Hughes/Hronek you can get stomach having a bunch of 4/5s a lot more.

Would've be nice to get a number 3 level guy, but this puts everyone in a much better position to succeed for the rest of the season. Very happy with this, especially if he can play on the right side when everyone is healthy.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
For those that don't know, Zadorov has a different personality than most Russians.

“Instead of raising the new generation [of Russians], we sent them to die,” Zadorov told Dud.

“I probably can’t go back [to Russia] anytime soon until Putin isn’t the president or that regime is [no longer] there,” he told Calgary reporters on Friday. “So, I can’t go back to my home country, but Florida is home for me now.”

Zadorov said his parents remain in Russia and support Putin.

“They’re on the other side of the views,” he said, candidly.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
For those that don't know, Zadorov has a different personality than most Russians.

“Instead of raising the new generation [of Russians], we sent them to die,” Zadorov told Dud.

“I probably can’t go back [to Russia] anytime soon until Putin isn’t the president or that regime is [no longer] there,” he told Calgary reporters on Friday. “So, I can’t go back to my home country, but Florida is home for me now.”

Zadorov said his parents remain in Russia and support Putin.

“They’re on the other side of the views,” he said, candidly.
He’s pretty cool. Glad to have him

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So the Canucks basically dealt Beauvillier for a fifth; and for the virtually the same cap hit, acquired Zadorov. They throw in their own fifth rounder and a third rounder in 2026.

So in essence Zadorov cost them a 2026 third round draft pick. Some other NHL teams desperate for help on the back-end must be scratching their heads today. Hard to believe that an immense, physical d-man coming off a 14-goal season trades teams for pennies on the dollar.

And to a division rival no less? Normally trading a guy within your own division is pure poison. All hail Allvin.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Love that Zadorov is actually mean and physical. We sorely needed someone to protect guys out there - can’t wait. Him and Friedman would be a fun pair to watch lol

Reactions: Canuckle1970

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
It was super obvious the team needed a dman after seeing McWard and Juulsen play 9 and 13 minutes respectively last game. Price is unbelievably cheap, which makes this a worthwhile deal.

Ultimately is a 4/5 caliber dman, similar to Soucy and Cole, but when you have a top pairing line Hughes/Hronek you can get stomach having a bunch of 4/5s a lot more.

Would've be nice to get a number 3 level guy, but this puts everyone in a much better position to succeed for the rest of the season. Very happy with this, especially if he can play on the right side when everyone is healthy.
I think that's the benefit maybe here is that they have 8-9 guys I don't mind seeing play NHL games when healthy. I don't want to forecast pairs, but Hughes, Cole, Hronek, Zadorov, Myers, Bear, Friedman, Brisebois, and Wolanin.

I would really push to shift Myers into a rental, but I think this move gives them another body through a meatgrinder schedule while we wait for guys to get healthy.

And if everything somehow works out and this blueline holds up, maybe they do not need to trade for another blueliner and can shift into looking for an F rental instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad