Confirmed with Link: Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov for a 2024 5th and 2026 3rd.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Y'all ready to see some bone crunching hits and some unnecessary penalties
We are up to 4 penalty prone D in Cole, Myers, Soucy, and Zadorov lmao

I guess Zadorov has the opportunity to prove his value here. If he outplays Soucy, he sets himself up for 4+. If he plays worse, he's maxing out at 3. Right? Maybe?

Cole likely shifts to the right on one of the pairs.

Reactions: bh53

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Just heard this & had to take a break from work to come here.

Pretty happy with this acquisition, and for the cost
IMG_5633.gif

I’ve mentioned it before, but Zadorov has always been one of those players who I dislike as an opponent but was sure I’d enjoy if he was playing for my team.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
well - wrong on my idea of bringing in someone noone saw coming - BUT i don't think they are done this year, so i will stand by this

not in love with the player, but cool, can be very effective IF MANAGED PROPERLY, which i have faith in this coaching staff to do

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
They better evaluate this over the entire season rather than Sbisa this right off the bat because I am very skeptical of this fit.

I think he profiles perfectly fine as a bottom-pairing guy. Kind of like Myers but hopefully more appropriately priced. The next contract is the big deal.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I am too but this is an insanely cheap price to pay.
Yes, do not get me wrong. They needed another body on the backend and they needed that body to be physical.

And to get that for free skating Beauvillier and a 3rd is pretty dece

But the player also has to be good and I am taking a wait and see approach that maybe he looks better here than he did in my viewings of him in CGY.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad