Post-Game Talk: Canucks 5 Sharks 2 (Brock Boeser x 2, Horvat, Miller, Dickinson

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
it was clear they would need a big 10-0 type win streak to *truly* be in the fight for the playoffs.

just gotta keep winning the week and grabbing 2/3 before the 41 game mark

the pace they need to play at the remainder of the season is no longer a ridiculous pace.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
How the hell do you get bit by a spider in December? Aren't they all dead/hibernating/whatever it is they do over the winter?
Ironically funny thing is, my parking garage is heated. I called it a basement (because I do) and the little bastards got into my christmas decoration boxes in my storage locker I guess...
I've got a sore ass shoulder and am now checking my room and cleaning... unless I ate the little 'Doc Oc'

P.S. Tell that to my shoulder!! lol I should post a pic. Nasty bite.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
If Pettersson gets going
If Harmonic comes back
If Poolman can play like a #5

This team could be a dark horse. It's fun to cheer for that.

If this is the Myers we have going forward, the defense is less shitty than it was before. Really liking what he's doing right now - looks like rookie Myers.

Hughes, Miller, and Demko have been this teams best players and they showed again why that is. Amazing performance from Hughes especially.

ummmmm BB6?

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Anyways, sorry to derail the improbable win thread tonight!

Ugly weird win. I think the boys are just as -no - more relieved than we are about the management and coaching change.

We see a light at the end of the dark tunnel: They see it more.

Happy to cheer for our team again. Well done boys.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Anyways, sorry to derail the improbable win thread tonight!

Ugly weird win. I think the boys are just as -no - more relieved than we are about the management and coaching change.

We see a light at the end of the dark tunnel: They see it more.

Happy to cheer for our team again. Well done boys.

I'm worried about our defense, in a different way than before - our guys are dropping like flies.

Reactions: Indiana

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
will keep saying it every win thread
f*** travis green, f***ing amateur

through a lot of dumb luck we happened upon a roster that is every bit at least a bubble team if they play to their ability and was coached properly. We all wanted a tank not because these players are trash but because management will have had us circling the drain another decade. There are some really excellent players on this team; Demko, Miller, Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser, and some guys that with proper game management and motivation are also well above replacement players; OEL, Myers, Podkolzin, Hoglander etc.

If Green didn't coach this team to a bottom 3 record early into the season the team would be in the midst of a playoff position.

This shit is on Benning, on Aquilini and all their enablers and supporters.

Now in spite of the streak it's difficult to imagine a reality where they aren't just painfully short of a spot. Because of how deep of a hole they fell into early in the season I think they still need to win 30 games over the rest of the season out of 52 remaining. Tough ask even with all the tailwinds on their backs from the management change.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
I'm worried about our defense, in a different way than before - our guys are dropping like flies.
Of course. We are in an Omi situation with a core D group that leaves questions..

Yet, BB and his team are holding this new optimism surprisingly well with the current situation.

In short, I have no freakin' idea. But I'm pleased to see our boys working to their limits, and giving it everything they have.
That says so much about the recent changes and how they feel/felt about it.

Boom.

Reactions: David71

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
We all want GP to have his 'Likes" returned.
Is there a petition I might sign?

I now have crime-fighting superpowers, and I...uh...

Oopps....be right back.

"Webbing issues"

Note to Self: buy new back-flap underwear.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Nice to see another win happened. Funny I can not watch the games here but try to catch up through the game thread. Problem is from the game thread it seems like we are losing. So it is always a nice surprise to see the actual score. They should without major injuries be a playoff team. They have 3 above average lines, Hughes and Demko. That should be enough but the line between winning and losing is super thin. At least now they are playing to win by focusing on their strengths rather than hoping to win by limiting mistakes.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Given the state of the D, Myers and Hughes are absolutely carrying this team on their backs right now. Somewhat impressed by Burroughs too. OEL has looked suspect since he returned, likely playing hurt still, and Juulsen and Brisebois are simply not NHL level defenders and it shows.
I hope to god poolman is back. Any news on Schenn?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
will keep saying it every win thread
f*** travis green, f***ing amateur

through a lot of dumb luck we happened upon a roster that is every bit at least a bubble team if they play to their ability and was coached properly. We all wanted a tank not because these players are trash but because management will have had us circling the drain another decade. There are some really excellent players on this team; Demko, Miller, Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser, and some guys that with proper game management and motivation are also well above replacement players; OEL, Myers, Podkolzin, Hoglander etc.

If Green didn't coach this team to a bottom 3 record early into the season the team would be in the midst of a playoff position.

This shit is on Benning, on Aquilini and all their enablers and supporters.

Now in spite of the streak it's difficult to imagine a reality where they aren't just painfully short of a spot. Because of how deep of a hole they fell into early in the season I think they still need to win 30 games over the rest of the season out of 52 remaining. Tough ask even with all the tailwinds on their backs from the management change.

We won 8 of last 9 but you think we cant win 30 out of remaining 52? what kind of logic is that? Also the Lames, SJ ,LA, Foilers are sropping games left and right. I believe our team is more superior than those mentioned. I see Anaheim and Vegas for the top 2 spots while Canucks get 3rd. Does anyone think Flames will be the same having 20 players on covid list for god knows how long? And their schedule is now more compressed thanks to the covid break meaning more back to back games in tougher part of the year.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
were we not a shitty team 7 games ago?
Yes. But Vancouver has better quality and talent in the roster. Buffalo has who? Skinner? Okposo? Eichel ran out of there. Pretty paper thin. And no good veteran D at defense to learn the ropes. Pretty lackluster goaltending to add to that, not to mention the beyond incompetent owners.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Sadly it will probably end vs Toronto but, Ill take a lose against Toronto as opposed to one against LA/San Jose/ Anaheim right now
Lose? A lose? Spiderbum powers?
A loss might be in the cards..

I know bud, jerk superpowers.. cheers.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Nah, they ain't losing to Maple Leafs. They'll be too hyped to take down the top team.
They'll destroy them, get all cocky, and then disappointingly end their streak against Arizona.
Back to back game, they'll be tired, Halak will probably be in net too.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
By the way. See Spidey fast to avoid spoilers..

I've never been a part of a mad screaming yelling clapping mob in a theater before..

Nuts...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad