Post-Game Talk: Canucks 5 Sharks 2 (Brock Boeser x 2, Horvat, Miller, Dickinson

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
we get the back breaker. plus the empty net goal. i love that

solid job by the dmen undermanned as they are. how long can myers do this?

pretty sure oel is playing hurt. ribs maybe. despite the setbacks i appreciated juulsen playing 17 minutes when he has no business doing that.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
giphy.gif

Reactions: Ozone and The Stig

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Far from a Rembrandt but ultimately a good workmanlike job.

Good

Miller - no question our best player and league wise probably in the top 15 or so. Excellent game where most things in the offensive zone went through him.

Pearson - should have scored but otherwise puck retrieval, like others on his line was very good - and some nice passes. Lately has established he can be top 6 material in the right circumstances

Boeser - work rate has definitely increased. Doing much better as down low player in the offensive zone than he was trying to score off the rush. Real basic change under Boudreau has been the way the team is looking for goals off the forecheck rather than the rush

Myers - another very good game. Doing it all right now including blocking shots, taking opponents off the puck, rushing or passing the puck out of trouble, keeping the puck in the offensive end - at this point having a tremendous season.

Hughes - just outstanding again. Be said over and over but there has been such an improvement in his own zone. Simply an elite player

Horvat - mostly carrying his line - getting back on defense so much better. Created a lot of chances and hopefully Hoglander and Dickinson can start to break out.

Demko - gave up a softie but otherwise good

Not so Good

Chaisson - ugh. Mr. Molasses. Is there anything better in Abby???

Dowling - didn't play much and that was likely a good thing. Any speed he showed early in the season has disappeared and likely still injured.

Brisebois - even in the brief time he was out looked very poor around his net. Remember when Benning always saying we had Brisebois on the way. Right now on his way to the AHL ASAP

Others

Burroughs - gets backed in way too much but has decent wheels. Best of the AHLers.

Dickinson - finally scored - had he missed that one would have established to a certainty that he was never going to put the puck in the net again . Does OK when he can play on the wing with Horvat - otherwise lack of stick skill really limits him

Juulsen - once again reminds me of Sopel. Got caught flat footed on the one goal but that was mostly on Demko. Can see foot speed is a concern but, at times, looked serviceable.

OEL - don't think he is completely healthy. Got beat wide a couple of times and is playing very conservatively.

Pettersson - again showing glimpses of past form and he is not cheating defensively. Still you'd like him to put a complete offensive game together.

Since Boudreau took over the people that should be leading the team are. Just about every experienced coach rides his horses and that what Boudreau is doing.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Done, done, onto the next one - one more win and we are at .500. Who would have thought?

It was a weird game - felt the Sharks controlled the puck more, but the Canucks got more high quality chances.

That we’ve managed to win two games in a row with a patchwork 5-man defensive unit is insane. Credit to the team for working through it, the coaches for keeping them engaged, and the goaltenders for making the key saves at the right time.

Beat the Leafs. Let’s make it 7 and get back to .500. Come on, boys!

BRUCE, THERE IT IS!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I know Green is taking it pretty hard right now from the fan base but let’s not forget whichever shmo was in charge of the Defence.

Thank god Shaw or whoever is now fully in command there. I mean is this the same Tyler Myers? Who is this guy!
Baumer’s deal was up in the summer and the team brought him back. Whoever Backed that decision deserves to have been fired.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
we get the back breaker. plus the empty net goal. i love that

solid job by the dmen undermanned as they are. how long can myers do this?

pretty sure oel is playing hurt. ribs maybe. despite the setbacks i appreciated juulsen playing 17 minutes when he has no business doing that.

Its his toe.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
You’re not my hfboards dad. That’s @Ginger Papa
EAAFDA54-2188-4B8E-A9A5-4B5F7ED7ADEC.gif

Except for that one time….
103E325E-B0FE-4836-AA12-A3F8B5FD05A9.gif
4F4D3783-71E3-4DF4-B29D-F2F089306FF8.gif

Great game, overall, for Demko - again. Well done boys pulling this off!

On another note:
After ironically getting bit myself by a big-ass spider last night; I had a great day seeing Spidey in the theaters in an afternoon showing, and seeing the Nucks do the improbable this evening.
Great damn day.

P.S. Still no spidey sense or powers of my own.. Shhhhhheeeeeeeiiiiiiiiit.
I'm starting to think superpowers might not be real. Hmmmm... :sarcasm:

Now, let's go for Freakin' Seven.

So how does your webbing fluid thing work now?

Does it just...come out of your wrist?

Does it...come out of anywhere else?

WTF is an ass spider

It's a spider that looks like ass, duh.

I cant be the only one who thought of a spider with a huge thick booty

Haha!!!
shhhhhhh no spoilers!!

I have been shooting webbing-like material out of my rear this evening...

Superpowers? Or bad leftover chili - you be the judge.

Get to a doc bro.

Just like a real spider would.

Congratulations on your new-found super power.

Good call.

Note to self: buy new back-flap pants when fighting crime.

This tangent was so unexpected, yet gave me such a huge laugh that I scared my cats off the couch. Thank you all.

I couldn’t help but think of this clip from the MTV Awards years ago.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Good teams win ugly games. Our 2011 team took MANY regular season games off and needed Luongo to make saves and rely on some clutch scoring in the third. We had half an AHL blue line today and we beat a divisional rival thats just ahead of us just from clutch scoring and good goaltending. Even when the 3-2 goal went in I wasnt even worried. If this was the Green Canucks I would have 100% expected the Sharks to tie it then for us to take a penalty and get instantly scored on to lose the game at that point, but this team has so much more will in it than it did a couple weeks ago.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
If Pettersson gets going
If Harmonic comes back
If Poolman can play like a #5

This team could be a dark horse. It's fun to cheer for that.

If this is the Myers we have going forward, the defense is less shitty than it was before. Really liking what he's doing right now - looks like rookie Myers.

Hughes, Miller, and Demko have been this teams best players and they showed again why that is. Amazing performance from Hughes especially.

Reactions: Indiana

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Except for that one time….
View attachment 491919 View attachment 491920

This tangent was so unexpected, yet gave me such a huge laugh that I scared my cats off the couch. Thank you all.

I couldn’t help but think of this clip from the MTV Awards years ago.

haha! Made myself laugh a few times! Cheers! Hold on....

Either my spidey rear is 'tingling' again - or I'm off to fight crime.

You be the judge.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes