Post-Game Talk: Canucks 5 Oilers 2 - My kids are better than your kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011
Yeah he is not the worst player in the NHL.

Is he the worst defenseman on the canucks team? One could argue.

Would you take Sbisa or Hutton right now? Bartkowski or Sbisa? Corrado or Sbisa?

I'd probably take Hutton, Bart, Corrado.

not corrado, no way. if it's between sbisa and bart i wouldn't mind either sitting in the press box on any given night

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
not corrado, no way. if it's between sbisa and bart i wouldn't mind either sitting in the press box on any given night

With Corrado there is upside.

With Bart there is actually someone that can skate.

Sbisa is all physical and a liability offensively and defensively. When Sbisa steps on the ice everyone gets worse.

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011
When Sbisa steps on the ice everyone gets worse.

it's just not as bad as that.

i'm not a fan of sbisa's defensive or offensive game especially but in terms of this line-up i think he has a role. he's a guy who can put the other team off their game a bit - a smack-talker, an edgy hitter. the guy who might get the butt of his stick under your ribs when the ref's not looking, or even when he is.

i dunno if you guys remember in the last off season this interview, but dorsett explained it well:

The defenceman, in fact, makes the top five on Dorsett’s all-time list of guys he hates to play against. “Just because he’s mean, you know?†Dorsett explained. “I’d have to say Chris Pronger was No. 1 and … Luca Sbisa was probably No. 2. He has some bite to his game and grit, and Bieksa was right up there. It’s harder to go into zones when you know you’re going to feel the lumber, hits in the corner and the little chops in front of the net.â€

look, for me it's not the be all and end all. but i think it's an element that can be easy to forget about, especially in the preseason when tensions haven't exactly run red-hot yet.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Sbisas a D who provides nothing offensively and is horrible defensively

That's the definition of a garbage player, the guy had a passable game against the Oilers in preseason and everyone starts dropping the I told you so's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad