Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4 | Jets 3 - In a Shootout

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Just looked at the Canucks Schedule and they don't have many days off for a long long time. Bruce is really gonna have to teach on the fly.

Reactions: Indiana

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
We're already so far behind the 8 ball unfortunately. They waited a month too long.

It'll take a couple of the bubble WC teams imploding for us to have a shot.
Looking at the Pacific, nobody strikes me as being a 'juggernaut'.

Still think Calgary is due for a correction and Edmonton is back to relying on McDavid and Draisaitl almost every night. And goaltending is still a big question mark. Vegas, is a good veteran team, and will be even better obviously when Eichel returns.

As for the California teams, I still don't think they have the depth to hang in for the long haul. And Seattle is where you'd expect an expansion team to be, to the surprise of no one except maybe a few of the pre-season prognosticators on these boards who had them third in the division.

But sadly in a 'three point league', the Canucks will have to go on an incredible run just to get back into the conversation. But with Demko, anything seems possible.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Looking at the Pacific, nobody strikes me as being a 'juggernaut'.

Still think Calgary is due for a correction and Edmonton is back to relying on McDavid and Draisaitl almost every night. And goaltending is still a big question mark. Vegas, is a good veteran team, and will be even better obviously when Eichel returns.

As for the California teams, I still don't think they have the depth to hang in for the long haul. And Seattle is where you'd expect an expansion team to be, to the surprise of no one except maybe a few of the pre-season prognosticators on these boards who had them third in the division.

But sadly in a 'three point league', the Canucks will have to go on an incredible run just to get back into the conversation. But with Demko, anything seems possible.

Yeah, Demko is really our only hope here. He needs to put up a Hart-calibre season for the rest of the year to get us to the dance.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Myers face said "ooooohh god daaaaaa*n", while Pearson was like "oh i dropped my stick"

Boudreau looks like he just saw the greatest dance moves of the century. While Walker, Shaw, and King look like they are trying to remember if they turned the stove off.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
vcu3ez13su481.png

93ap5pc3su481.png

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Mentioned in the Myers thread, but he may be benefiting a bit from optics. I think he is playing better, but everyone around him outside of Hughes is straight up bad.

Obvious statement of the day, this team isn't going anywhere until they get better defensemen.

To me it's similar to the old Myers with the added odd great play. Yes there were 4-5 great plays last night but a good solid 5 bone-head plays as well.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I hate the idea that you send down a player based on 1 sequence of events. Not to say that I think Chaisson's play doesn't warrant getting sent down.
Shit sometimes happens and you have a really bad f***up.

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
I hate the idea that you send down a player based on 1 sequence of events. Not to say that I think Chaisson's play doesn't warrant getting sent down.
Shit sometimes happens and you have a really bad f***up.
I don’t think it was based on 1 sequence of events, chiasson has been garbage all year and that was just the cherry on top

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad