Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4 | Jets 3 - In a Shootout

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
jets wanted to win that game and tried some pushes.

demko was good but didn't steal it.

i am not assessing anyone until the adrenaline wears off, but i like what i am seeing from a lot of guys and that was a very entertaining game.

He kinda did...

I mean, he lost his net on the PPG against... But more than made up for it... Then OT happened and then the shootout happened.

Compromise - he stole us a bonus point.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
He kinda did...

I mean, he lost his net on the PPG against... But more than made up for it... Then OT happened and then the shootout happened.

Compromise - he stole us a bonus point.
I thought we had the territorial advantage, what did you see?

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Horvat - to me that was his best game. Work in his own end and along the boards was way better than usual and he was getting up enough to speed to get on players as they are rushing the puck up out their end or through the neutral zone. There were games this year when Horvat seemed to be resting in the play and looked barely winded when he got to the bench. By the end of this one, Horvat was lathered in sweat and red as beet. This was so much a better effort than under Green.

His best game? Dude was caved in tonight with a team worst 36 CF%. Tough matchup against the Scheifele line but Demko is the only reason his line didnt get destroyed on the score sheet.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
No. The The Jets were battling. Canucks battled back. That was a hard fought game you would not of seen 2 weeks ago.

Agreed. Even if it was sloppy the boys played a full 60 minutes and had the same amount of chances as the Jets.

If this was a Green coached team they would be sloppy, only play for 20 minutes and take a shot every 10 minutes.

WishfulThinker

Jun 10, 2021
Glad to actually win a game that was setup in the Canuck’s favour. Feels like the whole start of the year was dedicated to losing this type of game where it’s either against a team on a b2b, or a team with half the skill on their roster.

Wasn’t pretty and alot of bad habits were cropping up, but at least the right energy and body language was there.

The defense is going to have to hang on like this for another couple games, as I don’t think any help is coming.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
No. The The Jets were battling. Canucks battled back. That was a hard fought game you would not of seen 2 weeks ago.

I disagree. The jets were playing their second game on a back to back on the road playing their backup. Both teams lacked sharpness of execution

The canucks are playing better in that they are battling harder under Bruce but they still don't look very structured to me. They can use more practice and time to work on their systems

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
That must be the first 3 game win streak

This team is basically even with the Jets. And if Hellebuyck was playing, chances are we lose this specific game. Still, no OEL, Hamonic and a quality 4th liner like Highmore means it was an impressive win.

Kyle Connor looked like the best player in this game. Gotta say, Boeser looked better early, but it's Connor for me now.

Reactions: Indiana

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
That must be the first 3 game win streak

This team is basically even with the Jets. And if Hellebuyck was playing, chances are we lose this specific game. Still, no OEL, Hamonic and a quality 4th liner like Highmore means it was an impressive win.

Kyle Connor looked like the best player in this game. Gotta say, Boeser looked better early, but it's Connor for me now.

Connor is easily better and that’s not even a bad thing to say about Boeser. Connor is very good.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
December schedule is quite easy and we must win most games to have a chance. January is murderer's row.
We've won 3 in a row and barely made any ground as most teams have 1-2 games in hand. Stupid Aqua for not cleaning house last spring. He shoot himself in the foot.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
We really did what we had to do especially without hamonic and oel.

last season Quinny struggled like hell against the jets and most recently he struggled very badly against the jets. Knowing oel is not there, he really stepped up and holding the fort.

Feb 19, 2018
My personal opinion…. Pettersson has yet to play a game for this team in almost a year. He will anti up because it’s impossible not too!
I think we are on a journey nobody knew we would have. We are playing to the strengths to this roster we have. Injuries on D are being camouflaged due to offence. Crazy our possession #’s

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I disagree. The jets were playing their second game on a back to back on the road playing their backup. Both teams lacked sharpness of execution

The canucks are playing better in that they are battling harder under Bruce but they still don't look very structured to me. They can use more practice and time to work on their systems

Add they didn't turtle in the 3rd trying to not lose and that has been a big difference since BB arrived

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad