Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4 | Jets 3 - In a Shootout

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I hate the idea that you send down a player based on 1 sequence of events. Not to say that I think Chaisson's play doesn't warrant getting sent down.
Shit sometimes happens and you have a really bad f***up.
I dont care if Chaisson scored two goals last night, he belongs in the AHL. He is not an NHL caliber player. He is too slow, the play dies when its in his corner. He does nothing positive on the ice except maybe 2nd PP front-net duties. He makes multiple unforced errors every period. I dont see an NHL team signing him next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: ForecheckBackcheck

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Night and day watching the Canucks now. It really is amazing how big a difference competence makes. Even with a collection of RD (can't ever remember that happening before...how odd) they're looking a lot better. There were still mistakes and breakdowns, but there's a big difference between the isolated "he's only human" mistakes and the systemic breakdowns we were seeing before. Rarely is it mistake after mistake after mistake then big save from Demko then mistake then mistake then goal against. Execution is still lagging behind where it needs to be, but energy is vastly improved. You can just tell a huge weight has been lifted from the team's shoulders. It's so, so much nicer being able to cheer for good plays and good goals without having that sinking "This just keeps incompetent people in charge" feeling.

Oh yeah, and Chiasson sucks. Not that we all didn't know that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad