Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3, Penguins 2 (OT) - Sid Half Asses Another OT Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
what I noticed was what i thought that geno is absolutuly unlucky, every time we got scored on I looked up and here is geno skating down from the blue line while the puck is in the net
There's no tracking on that, but when 1st line goes on a change it almost always or very very often after they're giving up possession, so 2nd line starting almost all of their shifts on fly without the puck.

You'd see other Pens lines win or have possesion then pass it to D and go on change so much more often than 1st line.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
rust sheahan and hornquist could be the worst line assembled out of useful players...
Rust playing LW, Brassard playing LW, I don't see the benefit in any way to constantly play players out of their preferred positions. It's not as if we're trying to compensate due to an injury. The coaches actually see this as the best way to maximize these players respective skill and make these lines more productive? The players are culpable for some uneven efforts but I don't see the coaching staff exactly putting these guys in the best position from which to succeed. This strikes me as idiotic as when Bylsma put Malkin on wing in favor of Comrie. lol

Mrs Crosby's Dryer

Can we please fire idiot Sullivan now?
Dec 11, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Clearly this is all Oleksiaks fault. What was Sully even thinking? Didn't we make it all the way to a shootout when he was a healthy scratch? I mean, we lost said shoot out but still! Didn’t Sully know we called up a super soft 185lb d-man from WBS that the vast majority of this board would dearly and deeply love? If not, fingers crossed that we get a whole lot of Ruhwedel next game!

On to a more realistic viewpoint, it seems like Guentzel is on the verge of having a breakout season. If so, kind of bad for us in negotiations next offseason but really a good problem to have.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Feel like it's going to be that year were we have 10+ OT/SO losses and miss the playoffs by 1 point. The massive amount of weekend back-to-back games doesn't help that feeling either.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I also agree that this team needs a spark of some sort.
With Grant clearing, they should've brought up a Haggerty or speedster like Johnson or DiPauli and get em in some games.
In terms of in house spark, thats the best they can do other than feeding Sprong a Sid, Geno or Brass and hope he takes off.

Other than that, yea, gonna need a trade.

Last edited:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Pens are going to half ass it until Christmas, then win something like 18 of the next 20 games, then half ass it until the end of the year again.

I have scattered the bones from an eaten Kentucky Fried Chicken Bucket and read them and the Gods have decreed this to be so.

Be in awe of my Cassandra-like powers when this happens.

Or maybe this is just what they do every year.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
This team is going to be far behind NJD and CAR by December if they keep playing like this...teams have figured out how to play against their aggressive style and try to force them to work thru the NZ, which they can’t seem to do....changes in how they play are needed and I see nothing from Sully that indicates he’s going to do that...

Yes, because Sullivan is going to start changing the system after 5 games. :laugh:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I mean, I just don’t get it. They basically are riding our top five 20 minutes a night.

That's what happens when you load up your top 2 lines with all your talent. The way Rust-Sheahan-Horny looked, 12 minutes apiece was pretty generous. Does anyone want more of what they've been offering up?

turd

Feb 1, 2013
That's what happens when you load up your top 2 lines with all your talent. The way Rust-Sheahan-Horny looked, 12 minutes apiece was pretty generous. Does anyone want more of what they've been offering up?
My hot take for the evening is that we are gonna regret that Horny contract just as much, or more, than any other contract on the team currently, in a couple of years.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
You don’t have to speculate. Sprong would have actually scored more than four goals in 30+ if he had Boeser’s repertoire in terms of the cannon that kid has.

If Boeser were used the way Sprong's been at the NHL level, I doubt it.

Sprong was an elite goal-scorer at every previous level, and everyone agrees that it's primarily because of his shot. Neither of these statements are controversial.

Reactions: canadianguy77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad