Who takes this one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Dont give the C to horvat. Wanted him to get it before but he doesnt stand up for his teammates like stamkos does; even if he isnt a fighter he stands up for his teammates.
No veteran on this team deserves the C.

Just wait for jack hughes. The C should go to jack , quinn or EP
I was all for Horvat getting the C as well.. no more ...let's just see who earns it over the next season or two...no one has yet...

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Some people here clearly have no idea what it's like to play competitive sports. For you guys, the game may as well be played on a spreadsheet.

Do I support a completely Neanderthal style of hockey? No, of course not. I do support sticking up for your teammates, especially your star rookie FFS!! You don't even have to be a big tough guy to do it. It can be anyone. It's not about "violence". It's about what should be natural team spirit!

It has to come from the guys on the ice during the... those were Stecher, Pouliot, Eriksson, and Goldobin. Yeah not going to happen. This is why Pettersson should’ve been stapled to Gudbranson.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
The reactions in here about the team and Horvat in particular are way over the top. You go for the win and live to fight another day. That's the smart thing to do.

But yeah, throwing Horvat under the bus the way I see it in here is kinda revolting.

I completely agree with you on what’s being said about Horvat in here. He’s young and was coached what to say. But it’s game 5 and this is a rebuilding team, you need push back, you need to rough it up and get in their face about them playing WWE on Pettersson. Not to be goons or dirty cheap hits back but don’t make it so easy for them or other teams to go out of their way to injury your top skilled player. Concussion can ruin players, hopefully it doesn’t for Pettersson but many players aren’t the same after having a concussion. The lack of toughness or grit this team showed after Pettersson hit is disgusting.

Oignon Saute

Dec 19, 2011
Waive Gudbranson tomorrow. Send a message to the team and Green about whats expected. 2 points when you're leading the 5th game of the season? I don't want Matheson's head, concussions are awful and every one avoided is better for hockey as a whole, but there has to be push back. Get in his face, hit him, something. League needs to come down. Nothing wrong with the original hit but the follow through is 100% unnecessary and dirty. Just absolutely no reason for it. I don't care if he hasn't be suspended, you set the precedent that there is no leeway when it comes to the head.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Nobody did anything because it didn't really look that bad until you see the replay...and even then its really not THAT bad...it was just a bad result. Should have been a 2 minute roughing penalty.
This x 100. It’s not like he was intentionally hunting for EP, that kinda stuff happens in every game.
Canuck Luck.

Reactions: Canucker

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I'm guessing Gudbranson and Matheson are potentially friends from time in florida, so may have been tough for him.
But he still has to do it.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
Pettersson needs to be kept out for a couple weeks regardless. The points are already here, he's a legitimate star player not even 5 games into his career. We know what we have, and he needs to be healthy.
If he's in next game I'm done with this team. He needs to sit for a long while.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Unfortunate situation.

Not sure what the correct answer in terms of what the team should have done is. I'll give Roussel a pass - first game back off a concussion.

Many people here are just overly irrational because the player involved was EP. If that was Granlund tossed down, the majority of people here would think nothing of it. I don't know how you can have completely different expectations for the team responding to dirty plays on their teammates, it's just not realistic.

Reactions: Nomobo

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Unfortunate situation.

Not sure what the correct answer in terms of what the team should have done is. I'll give Roussel a pass - first game back off a concussion.

Many people here are just overly irrational because the player involved was EP. If that was Granlund tossed down, the majority of people here would think nothing of it. I don't know how you can have completely different expectations for the team responding to dirty plays on their teammates, it's just not realistic.

When Granlund leads the team in the scoring then maybe

LOL

Reactions: MarkMM

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I completely agree with you on what’s being said about Horvat in here. He’s young and was coached what to say. But it’s game 5 and this is a rebuilding team, you need push back, you need to rough it up and get in their face about them playing WWE on Pettersson. Not to be goons or dirty cheap hits back but don’t make it so easy for them or other teams to go out of their way to injury your top skilled player. Concussion can ruin players, hopefully it doesn’t for Pettersson but many players aren’t the same after having a concussion. The lack of toughness or grit this team showed after Pettersson hit is disgusting.
I agree with that in principle. But they were following the coach's orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad