Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3, Nailers 0

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
he did. But anyone watching the Canucks broadcast had Kermit the Frog and John Garrett SCREAMING about clothesline interference. It was insane.

Nah, he hit him in the chest.

I thought he had the puck. You can't interfere with a guy who has the puck. Wtf kind of glue were they sniffing?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I think KK can definitely be considered a scoring winger for the future. He's certainly touted as such and by his showing at camp, I dont see that as being completely unrealistic.

I also think Sundquist can be a #4 winger as well. Not as high as KK, mind you.

Figured he was tagged for Sid's line. Regardless, he's still years away, in terms of level of play as well as physique. And we don't even really know what we have with Kapanen, or whether he'll pan out. It's a bit early to consider him a lock as a long term solution.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Im starting to think that the NHL should mandate all announcers to call plays for a different team every season. Cause the homer-ism is just ridiculous sometimes. Ive listened to the local feeds of most teams and for the most part, they are all terribad. The worst of the worst are: Canucks, Leafs, Habs, Bruins, Pens. I can not stand to listen to Steggy and Errey. Nails on a chalkboard.

EDIT: I should point out that the above post is hyperbole. I dont actually want this .. but sometimes .. arrrgh.

From what I've heard, Carolina actually has the far and away best announcers. Which strikes me as a little weird.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
We're getting to the point where any big open ice hit is automatically seen as illegal.

We're already there. I'm surprised someone didn't jump Comeau and force a fight. We're at a point where a clean, open ice hit leads to either a fight or a penalty 95% of the time.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Figured he was tagged for Sid's line. Regardless, he's still years away, in terms of level of play as well as physique. And we don't even really know what we have with Kapanen, or whether he'll pan out. It's a bit early to consider him a lock as a long term solution.

I agree with everything you said. I was just pointing out that you said we have "zero" for the future. We have two prospects (which are all future really) that could pan out. They may not but thats the same as any prospect really.

From what I've heard, Carolina actually has the far and away best announcers. Which strikes me as a little weird.

They are pretty good actually. The Senators ones are ok as well. The Sharks guys are decent too.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
I agree with everything you said. I was just pointing out that you said we have "zero" for the future. We have two prospects (which are all future really) that could pan out. They may not but thats the same as any prospect really.

They are pretty good actually. The Senators ones are ok as well. The Sharks guys are decent too.

They lost their color guy Remenda this offseason, and Shark fans aren't really satisfied now. Haven't watched their broadcast so far this season, so I don't know.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
****ing guy has checked out

Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
Crosby and Downie stayed on the ice 30 minutes longer than teammates today. Sid said he isn't happy with his game, working to get better.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
****ing guy has checked out

Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
Crosby and Downie stayed on the ice 30 minutes longer than teammates today. Sid said he isn't happy with his game, working to get better.
A star player stays on to practice longer than his teammates. This means that he has checked out. Got it. Yep. That's clearly Sid's mindset. Thanks for pointing that out. Brilliant.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Sid has, in the past, been one to try to perfect another part of his game.

He definitely hasnt been playing well lately and Id guess he knows it. Hopefully this will turn a corner.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
I hope Crosby protected Bortuzzo from Tootoo - wouldn't be surprised if he showed up.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Oh God, he's was being sarcastic, wasn't he?

It's just that he often bashes on Sid.

Sorry IcedCapp. My bad.

I believe IcedCapp is ALWAYS being sarcastic if you think he often bashes on Sid.

:help:

This Crosby staying late after practice is starting to sound like a fish story. First it was 30 minutes. Then 20 minutes. Anyone up for 10 minutes? Where's an auctioneer when you need one.

In all seriousness, it's good that Sid is looking at ways to get better. Sends the perfect message to the team without saying a word...what captains do, basically.

Caustic

Feb 28, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Ok, I just looked at the hit again. And you know what, I was wrong. I looked up just after the hit took place, and saw the puck way ahead. That, combined with the announcers, I thought for sure it was interference but it was actually just an excellent hit.

As for the rest of the comments regarding your lineup, I guess you guys know best about your team. It still looks pretty solid to me, considering you have the best 1/2 centers in the game to help offset some of the deficiencies that might lie elsewhere....

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Ok, I just looked at the hit again. And you know what, I was wrong. I looked up just after the hit took place, and saw the puck way ahead. That, combined with the announcers, I thought for sure it was interference but it was actually just an excellent hit.

As for the rest of the comments regarding your lineup, I guess you guys know best about your team. It still looks pretty solid to me, considering you have the best 1/2 centers in the game to help offset some of the deficiencies that might lie elsewhere....

dude, we're missing our top-4 wingers. Jayson Megna and Nick Spaling are on our top line. Our lineup sucks. Having Sid and Geno doesn't mean much with today's NHL

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008

dude, we're missing our top-4 wingers. Jayson Megna and Nick Spaling are on our top line. Our lineup sucks. Having Sid and Geno doesn't mean much with today's NHL

Pretty much. We had two morons basically steal money from this franchise while pretending to hold jobs as coach and GM who employed that exact strategy: "WE HAVE SID AND GENO, WE'RE FINE!" as the rest of the city is on fire and bombs rain down from the sky.

Two players do not make a team, regardless of how good they are. Especially when they're on two different lines.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Imagine Daniel, Vrbata, Higgins and Burrows were out. Now imagine that you hadn't drafted a forward since 2006 and strike anyone who fits that criteria off the roster.

That's about where we we're at right now.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Take a long walk along the beach, bro. Pouliot's a great player. Thirteen points in his first sixteen AHL games for a d-man? That's spectacular.

Awesome!!!

In the NHL, Forsberg has 11 goals, 25 points and is a +22. He was also the rookie of the month in November.

If 13 points in 16 AHL games is spectacular, what would you call what FF has done?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad