-All of our D minus Dumoulin
+Dumoulin

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I'll give my plus to Dumo

Spaling gets a mountain of coal under his Christmas tree

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Just watched the highlights, I kinda get the leaving the guy alone at the side of the net on the PP. Not so sure I'm on board with leaving guys alone in the slot when the opponent has the puck.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
What can you expect from that lineup?

The best thing I can say is that most of the roster appeared to at least be trying. Lots of battles down to the final whistle. Crosby is an exception in this department, but I'll give him a pass in a game like this if he counters it with going into God mode when this team has a semblance of health and depth.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Nothing redeeming about this game. Got shut out, probably lost our only legit remaining top 6 winger to injury.

Interesting sidenote, if Hornqvist is indeed injured, our highest paid winger is Spaling, at 2.2 mil per. And he makes 1.2 mil more a year than our next highest paid winger.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I miss dominant Sid :/.

Geno at least is showing a lot of life.

Malkin112*

B4DvbjHIEAAuzIR.jpg

adams is great love him

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Loved the Downie signing, but he needs to be our 3rd best forward on the 3rd line or on the 4th line.

Everyone complaining about better options in WBS than what we were running earlier this season. Well, they aren't. Megna is nice to watch, but he really doesn't do a whole lot of good out there. Ebbett does nothing well. Sill should be not anything but a 13th forward.

I'd roll with what billy and others have said. Throw Sutter and Goc up with Sid and Geno. And just roll the garbage in waves after that.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
-Our wing depth, just atrocious
-Sutter has looked like crap in recent games
-All of our D minus Dumoulin
+Dumoulin

Sutter has like three or four short handed chances in the last two games, he has been off the ice for only one penalty in the last four, the last two games before this he pushed nearly twenty minutes.

If you think Sutter has been "crap" lately you aren't realizing he is playing terrible starts and doing his job by not letting goals go in while he is on the ice, while actually contributing to pushing the puck up the ice.

He's been doing exactly what you want from a 3rd liner and probably like I said yesterday has been our best player outside of Malkin and Crosby. I'd even go as far to say he has been overall the better play with Sid who has higher ups, but bigger downs like this game.

I think Maatta deserves far more criticism for his play the past couple games, but he is probably having the issues with feeling worn down from having the thyroid removed.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
= everyone.

Not sure what we're supposed to expect when your wings halfway through the game are:

Spaling, Comeau, Megna, Downie, Adams, Ebbett

Also, I'm pretty sure Sid and everyone else on the ice give a ****. BUT IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER TO SAY OTHERWISE

MISC*

Canucks fan:

What did you guys think of our team? The system we are playing? Any players stand out to you in particular? Any weaknesses?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Nothing redeeming about this game. Got shut out, probably lost our only legit remaining top 6 winger to injury.

Interesting sidenote, if Hornqvist is indeed injured, our highest paid winger is Spaling, at 2.2 mil per. And he makes 1.2 mil more a year than our next highest paid winger.

Oh, and Adams tied the consecutive games mark.

Talk about salt in the wound.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Hornqvist got injured. We now have no Kunitz, Bennett, Hornqvist, Letang, Dupuis (who apparently is the meaning of life) and Wilson who I still feel bad for.

+ Dumoulin impressed me at the NHL level and Megna shows flashes that I want to see more of.
+ Scuderi and Adams need to disappear, the good news is that Morehouse is a part of the org and he looks like the type that knows how to do it.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
-The Organization

at what point do they start making a real change with this team. Ehrhoff?? Just another PMD that plays the puck rather than the body. He is good and if a team is lacking in PMD's would be awesome. But signing him was like order a Steak for Dinner and turning around and ordering again for dessert.

Spaling- more of the same

PENS NEED CHANGE.. not a little, they need a shakeup to their core. Just my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad