Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3 - Dallas 4 OT || Oh No we suck again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
That's 2 game breakers they have there in Benn and Seguin. Benn single handedly almost got through our D, left their jockstraps in the stands and scored. Didn't like the first goal, Sbisa ****s **** up per usual on the 2nd, No one can clear the front of the net on the 3rd, 4th, well, Benn and Seguin were spinning circles around us.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Can anyone let me know when it's okay to start talking about how poorly Bo Horvat has played this year??? Or is saying anything bad about the "Golden Bo" off limits on hfboards?

[MOD]

Bo is full on moving into a veteran role in his second year. Expect some growing pains.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
We are straight up shooting ourselves in the foot playing Sbisa 06:08 ES minutes in the 3rd period trying to defend a lead.

Bartkowski also had 06:04 ES minutes in the 3rd.

Meanwhile we are only playing Hutton 04:47 even strength minutes in the 3rd.

Why couldn't Hutton play Sbisa ES minutes in the 3rd?

I don't think it's bad that WD wants to park the bus to protect a lead. But he is just relying on the wrong personnel. These kids are never going to learn to protect a lead if you never put them out there.

I don't think you coach with a stopwatch. Nor do you have control over sequences where players stay on the ice longer than you want. What you are proposing is preposterous. You're trying to frame an argument.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
That's 2 game breakers they have there in Benn and Seguin. Benn single handedly almost got through our D, left their jockstraps in the stands and scored. Didn't like the first goal, Sbisa ****s **** up per usual on the 2nd, No one can clear the front of the net on the 3rd, 4th, well, Benn and Seguin were spinning circles around us.

Yeah you have to give credit where credit is due sometimes. Those are two of the purest offensive talents in the game.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
Who looked better together? Sbisa and Hutton or weber and hutton? I personally like sbisa with Hutton better I think Bart besides the great speed should be benched for biega. I also think wd will play sbisa with Hutton as the 2nd pairing which would be great to get Hutton 2nd pairing minutes.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Who looked better together? Sbisa and Hutton or weber and hutton? I personally like sbisa with Hutton better I think Bart besides the great speed should be benched for biega. I also think wd will play sbisa with Hutton as the 2nd pairing which would be great to get Hutton 2nd pairing minutes.

Weirdly enough - I agree. Sbisa and Hutton actually works.

That said, Hutton works with anyone. For the love of all things holy, though, keep Sbisa and Bartkowski from being on the ice at the same time...

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Dallas is 8-2 this year. Another very good team. It's too bad we can't hold on to the lead. Seems like a recurring theme so far this year.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
this team should be a lot better at holding leads than it is currently showing. they are playing afraid to lose in the 3rd and it all comes down to coaching. benching the kids in the 3rd has started a snowball effect now everyone's panicking in the 3rd trying not to get benched. great coach we have.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
this team should be a lot better at holding leads than it is currently showing. they are playing afraid to lose in the 3rd and it all comes down to coaching. benching the kids in the 3rd has started a snowball effect now everyone's panicking in the 3rd trying not to get benched. great coach we have.

Actually I don't think anything's changed since the start of the season. The 3rd period has always been a fire drill for the Canucks. The only difference is Miller is starting to come back down to earth and he's letting in more than 1 goal. Going to be tough to win when you rely on your goalie to bail you out every night.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
Miller has played extremely well to start the season. If his play slides at all, these ties become losses.

It also seems when a Dman makes a brutal mistake it is in our net.

Our Defense needs better coaching. I know its easy to say we need better Dmen, but it is what it is.

Weber on that last OT goal, decided to play the pass instead of taking the man and blocking the shot. This is the lowest percent play he could make. I was happy it went in the net.

Hopefully these things can be used as examples to teach out Dmen how to play defense.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
In regards to Horvat, a 90.2 PDO would make any player look bad.

Like most young players that have a good rookie season, he had a few things go his way. They aren't at the moment. Things will take care of themselves over time.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
In regards to Horvat, a 90.2 PDO would make any player look bad.

Like most young players that have a good rookie season, he had a few things go his way. They aren't at the moment. Things will take care of themselves over time.

His positioning has been particularly bad on a few OT goals now. But yes, he should start getting more bounces.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Something's up with Bo. In the first 2 games of the regular season and the preseason, he was exactly what we had expected. He's also had a god awful PDO. I think he's more snakebitten, than in a sophomore slump.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
His positioning has been particularly bad on a few OT goals now. But yes, he should start getting more bounces.

While that is true, I think this 3 on 3 OT format is maybe harder on 'positional' players like Bo who have based the majority of their games on understanding where to be on the ice in a typical 5 on 5 (or 5 on 4 special teams) situation. I recall he looked somewhat lost at the 2014 WJC in Sweden, which I somewhat attributed to the larger ice surface and how that changes the spacing and player positions on the ice.

Just a thought anyway.

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
The frustration of continually blowing leads aside, a point in Dallas is a pretty decent result.

As shaky as the Canucks have been at times, a win tonight would actually put them in 1st place in the Pacific. LA has games in hand, of course, but the point stands: they're actually not doing too badly.

Considering they're not getting much yet from their top two centers, I'd think we have to be pretty pleased with 12 points from 10 games.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
The frustration of continually blowing leads aside, a point in Dallas is a pretty decent result.

As shaky as the Canucks have been at times, a win tonight would actually put them in 1st place in the Pacific. LA has games in hand, of course, but the point stands: they're actually not doing too badly.

Considering they're not getting much yet from their top two centers, I'd think we have to be pretty pleased with 12 points from 10 games.

The Pacific is just a hot mess so far this season. It's ridiculous for the Canucks to still be in 2nd.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The Pacific is just a hot mess so far this season. It's ridiculous for the Canucks to still be in 2nd.

It's on the strength of 8/10 teams failing to beat us in regulation.. that's a significant pro.

Blowing leads in the 3rd is an anomaly... I don't expect it to continue. :crossfing

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
To me, blowing leads in the 3rd is a sign of a mentally fragile team....... Is that because of coaching? Who knows anymore

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

Hutton-Weber looked better together than Hutton-Sbisa did.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
To me, blowing leads in the 3rd is a sign of a mentally fragile team....... Is that because of coaching? Who knows anymore

We have always been a mentally weak and fragile team for a number of years now. Seems we still are weak when we have different coaches, so at this point, you have to point to the core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad