Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3, Avalanche 2; Shane O'Brien unable to find the cure for Roxy flu

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I don't have high hopes for the playoffs in their ravaged state, but I am pleased they're showing a lot of character by gutting out these wins.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I'd like to see Ballard-as-a-forward experiment continue, too.

BuzzBuzz

Apr 7, 2011
Just check the game stats. Odd that Hamhuis played 26:43 while Garrison only played 18:12. Alberts played almost as much as Garrison at 17:29.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
maybe there a small chance that AV get a nominaton for Jack Adam but not the finalist for winning with a injuried roster of AHL/fourth players etc

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I'm basing his value on what happened the past two trade deadline and a recent transaction. You are not basing your argument on anything.

I'm basing what I think his value is based on what every signficant player brought back this season aside from Morrow.

But back to what I was saying. If players like Morrow bring nice packages like this, then I think we should look at moving Higgins for that rather than a rental, and bringing back one of our own.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
maybe there a small chance that AV get a nominaton for Jack Adam but not the finalist for winning with a injuried roster of AHL/fourth players etc

not even close for AV, even with all our problems we are a borderline playoff team.

McLean: Ottawa is borderline #1 overall draft pick team with their injuries, yet they just keep rolling along.

Joel Quenneville, will probably be a lock for a nomination as well for his season. Breaking records gets you noticed.

Boudreau with the Ducks.

Theiren with the Habs.

Those 4 will have it sown up imho. Penguins build a rediculous winning streak and maybe they mess things up, but anyway you cut it AV isn't going to be a contender.

Nov 1, 2011
Paul McCleans doing the same.

Paul McClean was working with less to begin with and has lost an actual Norris winning defenseman (Karlsson), a #1 centre that finished 4th in points last year (Spezza had 84 points last year), and last year's goal scoring leader for the team (Michalek had 35 goals last year).

What we are dealing with injury wise is nothing compared to what they are dealing with.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
On pace for a 13 goal season.

He's a bust. Just ask Ray Ferraro. But Wideman who has 3 goals making $5.25 mil isnt a bust :laugh:

And just wait until garrison starts to score on the pp.

Love his " **** this I'm shooting" attitude. It will pay off down the road IMO. Teams will start playing him high and leave the Sedins open. If they can get both these options rolling... It could be good.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Team seems to have gotten a second wind and is working better together maybe than at any other point in the season. Lots of people contributing

The Good

Burrows - brilliant goal and made areal rag tag line work. Maybe his best game of the season.

Raymond - has come into his own this season. Playing best two way hockey of his career. Scoring some critical goals. His transition game is outstanding

Schneider - on the replays you can see how solid he is. Does an outstanding job of holding the line in plays around the crease. Showing how important good goal tending is.

Ebbett - never thought I'd bee saying this but Ebbett played very well. Have to consider the competition but he was getting to the puck and making the good play when he did. Doubt he sustains it but need to give some credit when it's due.

Hamhuis - looked so much more mobile in this game. Seemed a step ahead of the play all game.

The Bad

LaPierre - won some important draws and pretty good on the PK but took some brutal penalties. Got yo be smarter than this

The Ugly

Barker - I guess we were warned. Team needs to call up someone rather than going with Barker again. His one on one coverage is horrible. Like with Ryan Parent just unfathomable how such a good Junior could bust so badly at the pro level. Like Parent, Barker just has miserable decision making abilities. Signing of Vandermeer and Barker now seem bad decisions

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Ballard was a winger = win

Keep him in the bottom six

Have barker and alberts been good enough?

I know alot of you like him as a winger, but i prefer a ballard tanev pairing.

Alberts tanev is passable.

Barker was getting left in the dust by some faster skaters on the avs, I forget who that was that skated by him, then around him, then took it to the net like he was invisible. Then he pinched and fell which lead to the odd man rush goal.

I dont see him lasting, I know some people dont agree with me, but ballard tanev to me is more important imo then using him as a winger. Although I would not be completely opposed to tanev alberts either, but alberts also scares me at times. I think if av finally gives ballard a vote of confidence a tanev ballard pairing is our best usage of him.

Last edited:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
The Bad

LaPierre - won some important draws and pretty good on the PK but took some brutal penalties. Got yo be smarter than this

The Ugly

Barker - I guess we were warned. Team needs to call up someone rather than going with Barker again. His one on one coverage is horrible. Like with Ryan Parent just unfathomable how such a good Junior could bust so badly at the pro level. Like Parent, Barker just has miserable decision making abilities. Signing of Vandermeer and Barker now seem bad decisions

Very much agree with the above, although I think lapierre could be in ugly territory, i dont know what his deal is, but he has been awful imo this year. First he looses the puck for no reason leading to a scoring chance where garrison has to hook duchene i believe to save a scoring chance, then he takes a dumb meaningless penalty at center ice.

I hope hes not resigned if this continues. And hes an av favorite to.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Lappy is on the team for playoff Lappy. Watch games where the intensity is up and the crowds into it. He's a player that feeds off the atmosphere

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I wouldn't say JG is THAT good on the PP, he occasionally has trouble receiving passes and doesn't wow anyone with his vision. But hell, he has a huge shot and loves shooting. I don't think anyone else in our team thinks like that.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I wouldn't say JG is THAT good on the PP, he occasionally has trouble receiving passes and doesn't wow anyone with his vision. But hell, he has a huge shot and loves shooting. I don't think anyone else in our team thinks like that.

He also is often terribly set up, especially when Edler has been with him, his vision is not of a PP QB, but we don't need that imo

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Lappy is on the team for playoff Lappy. Watch games where the intensity is up and the crowds into it. He's a player that feeds off the atmosphere

Yup, Lappy elevates his game come playoff time. That doesn't excuse his terrible play as of late though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad