Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 @ Sabres 3 | Ew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
He might not be familiar with our media. They will intentionally ask questions where the answer is controversial solely to stir up drama.

That being said, I don't approve of that sort of stuff. You win as a team, and you lose as a team. Keep that **** in the dressing room.

We constantly complain how boring hockey players are due to cliche rhetoric. Now Miller is getting slack for actually being honest? He's a big reason we've been reasonably good this season. If he wants to call out the team for a bad shift, then by all means. If that's all it takes to rattle them, we have much bigger problems.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
The Canucks' luck in winning all those one goal games last year sure has taken a turn. So far they've lost 8 times by 1 goal (4 regulation and 4 OT). All of last season they only lost 9 times by a goal (4 regulation and 5 OT/SO).
Several ppl said that would happen in the offseason.
I feel like Linden was one of them.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Miller didn't throw his teammates under the bus. No one is tougher on Ryan Miller than Ryan Miller is, and he has a high expectation of his teammates as well. Personally I like the honestly, and the expectation to excel. He's not willing to look away from incompetence and pretend it didn't happen, and I wish more of our guys were similar.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Miller didn't throw his teammates under the bus. No one is tougher on Ryan Miller than Ryan Miller is, and he has a high expectation of his teammates as well. Personally I like the honestly, and the expectation to excel. He's not willing to look away from incompetence and pretend it didn't happen, and I wish more of our guys were similar.

I don't like what he said but the thing that is odd to me is he calls a teammate out on a day he faced 22 shots and had very very few tough saves. Ya the guys in front made a mistake. They made very few. And in my view he also doesn't look good on that play. As I said that is the odd part to me.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I don't like what he said but the thing that is odd to me is he calls a teammate out on a day he faced 22 shots and had very very few tough saves. Ya the guys in front made a mistake. They made very few. And in my view he also doesn't look good on that play. As I said that is the odd part to me.

Don't think he was calling out a teammate, but the entire team and that includes the coach.....blown third period ties and leads are a collective responsibility, but it starts with the lineup choices by the guy behind the bench in the last minute of games.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Don't think he was calling out a teammate, but the entire team and that includes the coach.....blown third period ties and leads are a collective responsibility, but it starts with the lineup choices by the guy behind the bench in the last minute of games.

No doubt they've done a terrible job of holding leads and not giving up goals at crucial times. Some of it coaching to be sure but I disagree, he was calling out a teammate and you don't do that. Especially when you aren't blameless either. HNIC just talked about it with Hrudey straight up saying it was the wrong thing to do (and criticizing Milker for letting it in) and even more after playing the clip from Daniel where Daniel owns the mistake the panel basically says "now that's a leader". It was a stupid thing to say. I doubt it won him a lot of fans in the room. That said it is also something a simple apology likely buries. Still a stupid thing and if things go south (continue to go south in my estimation) it might be something to watch moving forward.

But yes as a whole the team has much blame to put on their shoulders for the third periods.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
I recall Miller making a similar comment in one of his interviews during his last days in Buffalo.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
We constantly complain how boring hockey players are due to cliche rhetoric. Now Miller is getting slack for actually being honest? He's a big reason we've been reasonably good this season. If he wants to call out the team for a bad shift, then by all means. If that's all it takes to rattle them, we have much bigger problems.

Ehhh

There's a difference between giving cliche answers and calling your teammates out.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I tuned in this morning seconds before the Sabres scored to make it 1-0 early in the 2nd period. I thought "oh, I guess I didn't miss anything then".

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market

Team player

Throwing your team under the buss seems like a great mentor.

I remember in a game last year vs dallas where Lack let in 1 goal on a 2 on 1. In the post game presser he was basically blaming himself and it seemed like he didn't blame anyone else. It was depressing as all hell hearing lack talk about how he let the team down.

That is the kind of player I want on my team. To bad we traded him for nothing to keep this toxic guy on the team.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Can't wait till those 2 or maybe 3 players get traded and certain posters bring up this quote about how those players were a cancer in the room and just didn't come to play ever

Ryan Miller is the only guy that might fall into that group. Dude is a mercenary and will be hopefully dealt at the deadline.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Try to remember Ryan miller is a goalie. Mild criticism is very mild goalie behaviour.

Canucks are lucky to have Miller. This team would be nowhere without outstanding goaltending every night, is it too much to ask for the forwards to play a complete game? They let Miller down in an important game for him.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Throwing your team under the buss seems like a great mentor.

I remember in a game last year vs dallas where Lack let in 1 goal on a 2 on 1. In the post game presser he was basically blaming himself and it seemed like he didn't blame anyone else. It was depressing as all hell hearing lack talk about how he let the team down.

That is the kind of player I want on my team. To bad we traded him for nothing to keep this toxic guy on the team.

Miller has a distinct personality, that may or may not mesh with everyone, but I wouldn't go as far as calling him toxic.

You have to look at the situation from his perspective, he is one of the few players on this team, so far this season, playing consistently decent. To lose the game to that team in that fashion is beyond frustrating for him.

In this situation, a good team would take the criticism professional, see how much merit it has and assess what improvements can be made. A bad team would have its players isolate the "toxic guy" and put pressure management to trade him.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Luongo did it lots especially in his early years here

If Henrik comes out and says the forwards were not coming back, or the Dman are leaving the goalie out to try everyone nods, and thinks he's a good captain protecting his goalie.

From a goalie it comes across as dumping on your teammates, which is one of the reasons goalies probably shouldn't be captains. Lu was kind of screwed being both captain and goalie. If Lu says the D was not doing its job he gets called aa buck passing whiner, if he didn't say anything people accuse him of denying the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad