Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1 @ Wild 0 | Nilsson trolls Markstrom + Bustanen plays like Rantanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Anyone who thinks the arena won’t sell out in the playoffs is nuts.

When Canucks win, thr bandwagoners flood.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
this game represented everything wrong with the NHL. The Wild were content to trap into oblivion against a 29th place team without 2 of their best defenseman on the road....pathetic. Boudreau is a farce.

Just an ugly slog that the boys persevered through.

A
Chris Tanev - just a brilliant defender who kept the Wild contained and chasing
Michael Del Zotto - All over the ice. Great all around game
Ben Hutton - Skated miles. Thought he was our best player. Too bad he lost the handle on the play he jumped past a defender and went to the slot.
Anders Nilsson - Didn't have to do too much but was mistake free and shutouts are nice..
Brandon Sutter - Skated miles. Big on draws. Took hits to make plays. Great defensive game.
B
Jake Virtanen - played a smart solid game and scored the game winner. What a difference a year can make.
C+
Derek Dorsett - Hands were bad and he fought the puck but another warrior effort. Don't know how long he can keep this up.
Bo Horvat - was trying hard to make something happen. ugly game with no flow hurt the whole line
Sven Baertschi - same
Brock Boeser - same
Eric Gudbranson - was pretty solid but a little clumsy and lucky in his own zone a few times.
Daniel Sedin - had a decent game. Henrik was off.
Sam Gagner - one of his better efforts to date. Got ragdolled way too much for my liking. was trying to make something happen at least.
C
Henrik Sedin - struggled making precise plays. End of a long road trip. Looked tired
Thomas Vanek - Meh effort
Alex Burmistrov - decent but uneventful game
Derek Pouliot - makes some nice transitional passes but is shaky in his transitional skating. Needs some urgency and bite
Alex Biega - decent game. Penalty was a farce call.
Markus Granlund - lacklustre game. looked gassed mostly waved and watched but got by with safe positioning and plays

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
And it's not an either/or thing really anyway. Plenty of season remains for a serious run at the tankard. After all, we've made strong bids the last two years and fallen just short, only to be foiled by the luck of the lottery.

Regardless of where we finish, I am never expecting anything but 5-8, that's the way it will be,

Because of that fact, WE NEED MORE 5-8 picks in the line-up, if Joulevi turns out and Jake can be a 20 G guy, we still need more talent on the blueline, and at least once more center...

Funny how I just forget about Peterson....Something tells me that guy isn't the answer, I don't know, We need guys who grew up dreaming of winning the Stanley Cup not the World Championships, he might be a good offensive contributor, but I still feel like we need another top 6, 18-20 minute, North American or North Americanized 60 Pt. center and a 23-25 minute 40 pt D-man with a strong Plus/minus (yeah plus/minus DEAL WITH IT) if we are ever going to seriously consider the dream of being swept by a REAL hockey team in the 2nd round.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
this game represented everything wrong with the NHL. The Wild were content to trap into oblivion against a 29th place team without 2 of their best defenseman on the road....pathetic. Boudreau is a farce.

Just an ugly slog that the boys persevered through.

A
Chris Tanev - just a brilliant defender who kept the Wild contained and chasing
Michael Del Zotto - All over the ice. Great all around game
Ben Hutton - Skated miles. Thought he was our best player. Too bad he lost the handle on the play he jumped past a defender and went to the slot.
Anders Nilsson - Didn't have to do too much but was mistake free and shutouts are nice..
Brandon Sutter - Skated miles. Big on draws. Took hits to make plays. Great defensive game.
B
Jake Virtanen - played a smart solid game and scored the game winner. What a difference a year can make.
C+
Derek Dorsett - Hands were bad and he fought the puck but another warrior effort. Don't know how long he can keep this up.
Bo Horvat - was trying hard to make something happen. ugly game with no flow hurt the whole line
Sven Baertschi - same
Brock Boeser - same
Eric Gudbranson - was pretty solid but a little clumsy and lucky in his own zone a few times.
Daniel Sedin - had a decent game. Henrik was off.
Sam Gagner - one of his better efforts to date. Got ragdolled way too much for my liking. was trying to make something happen at least.
C
Henrik Sedin - struggled making precise plays. End of a long road trip. Looked tired
Thomas Vanek - Meh effort
Alex Burmistrov - decent but uneventful game
Derek Pouliot - makes some nice transitional passes but is shaky in his transitional skating. Needs some urgency and bite
Alex Biega - decent game. Penalty was a farce call.
Markus Granlund - lacklustre game. looked gassed mostly waved and watched but got by with safe positioning and plays

I agree it's mind-boggling that the NHL allow a crap product like we saw tonight to happen, remember a few years back? When The Lightning were trapping the Flyers and the Flyers just quit skating and started making the chicken sign at the lightning players?

Can you imagine if that was your business? Would you be like "Oh...well, whatever" Anyone BUT the NHL brain trust would realize, "Ok, this cannot be allowed to happen, let's get our best minds together and fix this NOW"

But 5 years later, we are still treated to "crap-on-ice"

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Funny how I just forget about Peterson....Something tells me that guy isn't the answer, I don't know, We need guys who grew up dreaming of winning the Stanley Cup not the World Championships, he might be a good offensive contributor, but I still feel like we need another top 6, 18-20 minute, North American or North Americanized 60 Pt. center and a 23-25 minute 40 pt D-man with a strong Plus/minus (yeah plus/minus DEAL WITH IT) if we are ever going to seriously consider the dream of being swept by a REAL hockey team in the 2nd round.

Pull your pants up... your Cherry's are showing.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Regardless of where we finish, I am never expecting anything but 5-8, that's the way it will be,

Because of that fact, WE NEED MORE 5-8 picks in the line-up, if Joulevi turns out and Jake can be a 20 G guy, we still need more talent on the blueline, and at least once more center...

how do people still manage to think like this in 2017

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore

I'm sure this has been posted here before but he's a pretty slick little customer Pettersson

Here he is again last night

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Ok guys heres the scoop:

Horvat - average
Boeser - struggling ONLY 1 pt in 3 games but still gets lots of chances but sometimes looks like he wants his teammates to find him instead of looking for the plays himself. Not always but sometimes he tends to float
Baertchi - off game again. not bad just a lil invisible
Virtanen - lots of chances lots of aggression and rewarded with consistency
Sedins - gotta get off the pp theyve lost it
Vanek - ok i guess
Gagner - probably needs to be benched
Burmur - a better game but a lil inconsistent and cant finish things himself
Dorset - another dam good game. Dam
Sutter - Hot garbage
Granny - Step back from last year so far. Disappointing

Tanev - Such a beast has to be one of the top dmen so far this year overall just so good
de Zotto - Excellent game. Love the singing
Hutton - His best game and generally moving in a POSITIVE direction
Pouliot - What youd expect from a offensive third pairing guy. Better then Y Weber thats for sure
Biega - Like his game overall. Nothing flashy and cant handle too much but a reliable third pairing guy
Gudbranson - See Sutter comments

Nielsson - Made some really nice saves after the Virtanen goal. Deserved shutout

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
I'm starting to wonder if Sam Gagner actually exists, or if he's just a collection of thoughts, impressions, and criticisms of soft, kinda skilled, mail it in, should probably be playing in Switzerland, you'll forget he every played for your team player who's manifested into a physical form and put on a jersey.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
It's October and we have people talking about Playoffs.

Our schedule has been incredibly weak so far.

Our 5 wins have came off of a struggling Edmonton, Ottawa without Karlsson, Ottawa win Karlsson, Buffalol, Little ceasars pizzarena, and the wild.

Only 2 arguably good wins, against the wild and against Ottawa with Karlsson. Even then you can say that Minnesota, much like the Oil are playing like hot garbage right now (2-3-1).

Ending off next week and the next month we play vs: Washington, Dallas, Pitsburgh, back to back with Det/CGY, ANA, SJS, LAK, VGK, STL, PHI, PIT, NJD, NYR, NYI, NSH

So we basically play vs 14/16 legit playoff potential teams in the next month and a quarter.

This team is going to nose dive real quick, especially since we are playing Dorsett and Sutter for 1/3rd of our games.

No one here is talking about playoffs with any seriousness....at least I hope they aren't...

I'll always have that itty bitty hope that we go on a Cinderella run but we all know what will probably happen.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
saw half of the second and the third. good road game but dull struggle.

sedins with jake is maybe dangerous enough to cause coaches match-up problems the 1 out of 3 shifts when they get something going. they are definitely activating something new in jake.

i think dorsett was being overplayed.

gagner seems to be trying a lot harder. i wonder if he has had a chat.

pouliot made a bad giveaway and got away with it again.

hutton had a moment or two there where i thought he might take another step but didn't.

otherwise nobody stood out as bad or good.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I agree it's mind-boggling that the NHL allow a crap product like we saw tonight to happen, remember a few years back? When The Lightning were trapping the Flyers and the Flyers just quit skating and started making the chicken sign at the lightning players?

Can you imagine if that was your business? Would you be like "Oh...well, whatever" Anyone BUT the NHL brain trust would realize, "Ok, this cannot be allowed to happen, let's get our best minds together and fix this NOW"

But 5 years later, we are still treated to "crap-on-ice"
Yep the most talent and athleticism the game has ever had and this is what Coaches are allowed to bring to the table? It's brutal

Bettman needs to wake up

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I did say he would be better this year and was told I was wrong and that he was a bust...but whatever, I'm happy for the kid.

Yup. Now, all the know nothing minor league fans who were telling the Vancouver bust singers that Jake was learning to play the game and that a little patience with a 20 year old kid and the work of a dedicated coach was going to produce a good hockey player (maybe not a #6 OA quality, but a good hockey player) and were poo p0oed, deserve a "Hmm, not bad. You guys were right."

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Pretty hard to blame these teams for tonight's meh game......Canucks were wrapping up a five-game road swing and looked a little gassed at times in this one.....and the Wild are missing four of the their top-8 forwards and were just coming off a lengthy western road-trip themselves....and then for some reason the officials basically put their whistles in their pockets.....normally there'd be a lot more pp opportunities for both teams.....just one of those games.....glad I didn't cough up the money for tickets.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
There you see. I actually think Gudbranson has been a whole new player this year with a good hand. Nothing as dramatic as Dorsett mind you, that's been so dramatic that all but a couple of ostriches here have had to acknowledge him. I think people are still seeing what they believe in Gudbranson at this stage. Eventually I hope that reverses itself, but it doesn't matter all that much either way I guess. But he should be a popular free agent item come summer if he sustains it.

Reactions: Verbalyst

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
There you see. I actually think Gudbranson has been a whole new player this year with a good hand. Nothing as dramatic as Dorsett mind you, that's been so dramatic that all but a couple of ostriches here have had to acknowledge him. I think people are still seeing what they believe in Gudbranson at this stage. Eventually I hope that reverses itself, but it doesn't matter all that much either way I guess. But he should be a popular free agent item come summer if he sustains it.

i hope so. he was mostly bad before the bad hand last year and looked shakey early this year. he is only now starting to look settled down to me in the last 3 games. that's a small snapshot.

Reactions: jd22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad