Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1 @ Wild 0 | Nilsson trolls Markstrom + Bustanen plays like Rantanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009
The only thing uncertain is the person drafting and how he uses his picks. It's very reasonable to assume you would get a much better player with the 4-7th pick as opposed to 19-24th pick.

24th pick? Pretty decent season given our roster. I like your optimism.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
This topic is about the game that was played this evening. Management, drafting and tank talk all have their designated hotspots. Take the conversations there.

As for the passive aggressive (or aggressive aggressive) guttershots some of you are throwing at each other, knock it off. Baiting, flaming, trolling - it's all against the rules. Be civil or be silent.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Could have gone either way. Glad it went ours.

Nice to see Jake on the board again and Nilsson strong play up against a strong Duby. Play Nilsson again. I'm a fan.

Going back home where we struggled and against tougher competition with some significant injuries. It's a long season. Nice to celebrate some wins.

Playoffs, baby!!

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
In a 31-team league that team would not have made the playoffs. (Nor would the 1994 team). Food for thought when we compare relative glory.

Nah, 94' crew had Juju Voodoo Mojo rising

When the stars were in alignment, 94' was the most exciting, unstoppable team I've ever watched,

We'd be down 0-3 going into the third and I KNEW we would take it in OT, EVERYONE knew..

I'll never forget to see the local media predictions for the final, people who had always mocked the team were saying "I believe, Canucks in 7"

....aaaaand, then it turned into a Pumpkin, but when the magic was there?

Unstoppable

That's why it hurt so badly when we fell short, that was a LEGIT riot in 94', people were pissed off and hurt, 2011 was kids looking to screw around and we're going to riot regardless of the outcome, but 94' was different,

I swear to this day I saw Ian "Crypt keeper" Mc Entyre rampaging though cosmetics with me in Eatons that night.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
It's October and we have people talking about Playoffs.

Our schedule has been incredibly weak so far.

Our 5 wins have came off of a struggling Edmonton, Ottawa without Karlsson, Ottawa win Karlsson, Buffalol, Little ceasars pizzarena, and the wild.

Only 2 arguably good wins, against the wild and against Ottawa with Karlsson. Even then you can say that Minnesota, much like the Oil are playing like hot garbage right now (2-3-1).

Ending off next week and the next month we play vs: Washington, Dallas, Pitsburgh, back to back with Det/CGY, ANA, SJS, LAK, VGK, STL, PHI, PIT, NJD, NYR, NYI, NSH

So we basically play vs 14/16 legit playoff potential teams in the next month and a quarter.

This team is going to nose dive real quick, especially since we are playing Dorsett and Sutter for 1/3rd of our games.

Looks like 3 good teams and a lot of average teams just like the league is.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Nah, 94' crew had Juju Voodoo Mojo rising

When the stars were in alignment, 94' was the most exciting, unstoppable team I've ever watched,

We'd be down 0-3 going into the third and I KNEW we would take it in OT, EVERYONE knew..

I'll never forget to see the local media predictions for the final, people who had always mocked the team were saying "I believe, Canucks in 7"

....aaaaand, then it turned into a Pumpkin, but when the magic was there?

Unstoppable

That's why it hurt so badly when we fell short, that was a LEGIT riot in 94', people were pissed off and hurt, 2011 was kids looking to screw around and we're going to riot regardless of the outcome, but 94' was different,

I swear to this day I saw Ian "Crypt keeper" Mc Entyre rampaging though cosmetics with me in Eatons that night.
I was living in New West at the time. I remember looking over at my buddy and saying to him 'the riots on win or lose' before game 7.

I called the riot (twice). I know my peeps man.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Gonna laugh my ass off when this team makes the playoffs but won't sell out Rogers Arena.

That's what I'm saying,

This is not the team what Vancouver wants, well it's about 50% there but it's not there yet.

Hockey people don't get it, WINNING doesn't sell tickets

STORY LINES sell tickets, a Team identity that fans can get behind sells tickets, emotional content in the play sells tickets

When you skip the first 5 chapters then use characters from other stories to grab readers attention people start wondering what's on the other channel.

The romantic comedy "Jim and Trev's Bogus Journey" isn't going to attract more viewers because Darth Vader, Edward Scissorhands and the Inbred butt-pirates from Deliverance show up in act two...

....well, maybe if the Deliverance guys decided to pay Loius Erikkson a visit I probably buy a ticket for that.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks blueline being held togther by paper clips and bailing wire right now.....a tribute to the system Green has them playing that they can plug and play almost any d-pairing in a tight game....Gudbranson is just beasting it right now....solid in his own zone no matter who he's paired with. Canucks almost never win in Minny, so bank the two points and get out of Dodge...Ovi and the Caps waiting at home....no letup in an NHL schedule.

Reactions: Nomobo

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Corey Hirche I used to like you....Why do you have to be the guy who gives the Benning hard-sell every minute and a half?

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I always liked Dorsett and never understood the hate for him. Willie overplayed him for a reason and we're seeing why. I guess his contract isn't the prettiest but he's playing like he's worth it

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks blueline being held togther by paper clips and bailing wire right now.....a tribute to the system Green has them playing that they can plug and play almost any d-pairing in a tight game....Gudbranson is just beasting it right now....solid in his own zone no matter who he's paired with. Canucks almost never win in Minny, so bank the two points and get out of Dodge...Ovi and the Caps waiting at home....no letup in an NHL schedule.

Did you just copy/paste random phrases from a list of "The top 100 NHL cliches"?

That's hot

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I always liked Dorsett and never understood the hate for him. Willie overplayed him for a reason and we're seeing why. I guess his contract isn't the prettiest but he's playing like he's worth it
Yes, Dorsett is tough as nails....played with a herniating neck disc the last couple of seasons.... not much wonder hits and skating tailed off. Green is using him in a perfect role right now....he's also an agitator-supreme.....that penalty he sucked Zucker into with the Wild on a pp late in the third period was one of the key plays of the game.

Reactions: Nomobo

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I have always thought it would be fun for a player or coach to just throw hackneyed hockey cliches back at reporters after games and between periods. Like they do now, but go over the top with it. It's definitely the approach I would take, I think it would be funny as hell.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Just finished watching, I found it to be an entertaining game, loved Jake selling pass and still having lots of heat on the initial shot. Hutton shaking off a terrible start to the year, great to see. Full marks to the Nucks, I thought losing Edler and a 5 game road trip would be a total disaster. Also, great ice-time mgmt imo.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
The hate is bc he is probably .65 mil overpaid and plays on the fourth line. But you know, he goes hard most every night, stands up for his teammates and can contribute a bit offensively, which are assets we really needed at the time and still do. I’m fine with him, but would really prefer someone else to be leading this team in scoring.

Jarko2004

Sep 15, 2004
Vancouver Island
No sir, I do not like it, not one bit, please do not put that on my plate.

We need a high pick this year and probably next if we EVER want to win a cup.

If we move up the standings now, we will be a one and done two and done team for several years, maybe be rebuilding again in maybe a decade...another 3-4 years for that

This team might not sniff a cup in my lifetime

Look at it this way, what if a year from now the Canucks were as good as the Oilers (more to do with them than us), but had 20 mil in cap space, no player over 6 mill, and no Todd McLellan.
And a couple prospects pan out. Not the worst place to start.

Oh I know what you're going to say, "Linden/Benning"!

But I'm not concerned about drafting high in 2018. I think they're about what we expected them to be. It's just that somebody forgot to tell teams like the Oilers and the Wild that they were supposed to be good. And Buffalo and Arizona that it was time to actually get better.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Look at it this way, what if a year from now the Canucks were as good as the Oilers (more to do with them than us), but had 20 mil in cap space, no player over 6 mill, and no Todd McLellan.
And a couple prospects pan out. Not the worst place to start.

Oh I know what you're going to say, "Linden/Benning"!

But I'm not concerned about drafting high in 2018. I think they're about what we expected them to be. It's just that somebody forgot to tell teams like the Oilers and the Wild that they were supposed to be good. And Buffalo and Arizona that it was time to actually get better.

When you say “As good as the Oilers” do you mean like 2-5-1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad