Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1 @ Capitals 4 | 14/1/16 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Why do people think the Sedins need a player like Lucic? They don't need any help retrieving pucks, they don't need a goon in front of the net. They need skilled, smart players who can read the play and play catch with them until someone finds open space. There is a reason Burrows, Kassian and even Hansen have played well with the Sedins. Hansen has hands of stone but he can read the play and make a pass.

Having someone with them who can stand in front of the net is important, but the Sedins also go to the net. They don't need a designated screen. They need a 3rd, not nearly as good, Sedin.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Guaranteed loss night when the coach filled out the lineup card....when was the last time Miller actually won a road game?....played a plumber with the Sedins for three-quarters of the game....and Linen Vey?....finally figured out what's wrong...guy just doesn't have the wheels to play centre in the NHL most nights.....finally, I'm more convinced than ever that Willie just hasn't mastered the art of the basic line change....lost count of the number of times the Caps changed with tired guys on the ice for the Canucks, who couldn't get off....a good tank result I guess, with more to come.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Why do people think the Sedins need a player like Lucic? They don't need any help retrieving pucks, they don't need a goon in front of the net. They need skilled, smart players who can read the play and play catch with them until someone finds open space. There is a reason Burrows, Kassian and even Hansen have played well with the Sedins. Hansen has hands of stone but he can read the play and make a pass.

Having someone with them who can stand in front of the net is important, but the Sedins also go to the net. They don't need a designated screen. They need a 3rd, not nearly as good, Sedin.
Lucic did great with Kreijci so I'm not sure the low hockey IQ stereotype applies here

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

I think Looch would look great with them imagine this

Sedin Sedin Lucic
Shincky Bo Hansen
Burrows Sutter Virtanen
Gaunce Mccann Dorset

Plus Cassels is pretty good and hope fully some younger guys we dont think about can come through like Hutton did this year

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

Sedin Sedin Lucic
Shincky Bo Hansen
Burrows Sutter Virtanen
Gaunce Mccann Dorset

Plus Cassels is pretty good and hope fully some younger guys we dont think about can come through like Hutton did this year

I legitimately think the Sedins would be a terrible fit with a north-south banging powerforward. Yeah he can cycle and stand in front of the net, but **** so can Burrows. Lucic has more size to dominate that game, but Burrows is just a smarter player overall which I think is more important when dealing with the Sedins.

I wouldn't mind Lucic in general as long as his contract was fair, I think he'd be great on a second line. Maybe Baertschi Horvat Lucic could be an amazing line, or swap Etem for Baertschi if he pans out. I just think the whole 'powerforward with the Sedins' imply that they're soft players who need that kind of help. They're really not and I think a smart player who knows where to be (aka not just in front of the net) and can actually move the puck with the Sedins is ideal.

I'd actually love Horvat with the Sedins if he weren't so important at centre, or even Baertschi if him or Daniel could move to RW without losing anything.

Baertschi Sedin Sedin
Etem Horvat Lucic
Burrows McCann Virtanen
Gaunce Sutter Dorsett

Some of these players can be mixed up like Sutter and McCann, I'm sure we're not happy with a 4m+ 4C

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta

Sedin Sedin Lucic
Shincky Bo Hansen
Burrows Sutter Virtanen
Gaunce Mccann Dorset

you have it wrong according to Wild Willie.
Sedin-Sedin Dorsett
oh and dorsett can also play the second,3rd and 4th line he is awsome.In the summer time he is trainng to be a goaltender to,Miller is out of a job soon.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
How about you read the caption.... WEBER2CANUCKS2013.

You may remember a certain GM (MIKE GILLIS) went to the interior to personally speak with him.

I never trusted a guy who employed a 'sleep doctor' yet had the biggest saddle bags under his eyes I've ever seen

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I truly believe that WD is the greatest actor ever and on team tank or the biggest idiot and worst coach in the history of the NHL. And it's sad I can't tell which one it is

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I legitimately think the Sedins would be a terrible fit with a north-south banging powerforward. Yeah he can cycle and stand in front of the net, but **** so can Burrows. Lucic has more size to dominate that game, but Burrows is just a smarter player overall which I think is more important when dealing with the Sedins.

I wouldn't mind Lucic in general as long as his contract was fair, I think he'd be great on a second line. Maybe Baertschi Horvat Lucic could be an amazing line, or swap Etem for Baertschi if he pans out. I just think the whole 'powerforward with the Sedins' imply that they're soft players who need that kind of help. They're really not and I think a smart player who knows where to be (aka not just in front of the net) and can actually move the puck with the Sedins is ideal.

I'd actually love Horvat with the Sedins if he weren't so important at centre, or even Baertschi if him or Daniel could move to RW without losing anything.

Baertschi Sedin Sedin
Etem Horvat Lucic
Burrows McCann Virtanen
Gaunce Sutter Dorsett

Some of these players can be mixed up like Sutter and McCann, I'm sure we're not happy with a 4m+ 4C

Daniel on the right side?? RRRRIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHTTTTTT.....

I don't think Lucic would be a great signing, but if it was done I'd do this:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Baertschi Horvat Lucic
Etem Sutter Virtanen
Plug McCann Plug

Burrows needs more than 1 game to get the chemistry back with the Sedins. Sutter and McCann are interchangeable as well.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Just checked the standings......we have played a lot more games than most in the div, and we are still out of a playoff spot. We could be 6th out of 7th soon if the games in hand are won by SJ, ANA, CALG

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Baertschi Horvat Lucic
Etem Sutter Virtanen
Plug McCann Plug

Burrows needs more than 1 game to get the chemistry back with the Sedins. Sutter and McCann are interchangeable as well.

Why all the Lucic talk? He HATES it here, I know that personally. The only reason he would want to come is to be closer to his mom, after his dad committed suicide last year. Other than that, he doesn't like it here, and has made Boston his home with his wife, and is where he will return when he retires.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
As a resident of the Lower Mainland, my condolences Canuck fans. Being a Caps fan, I know what you guys are going through. Trust me. :help:

The Canucks have some good young players and it's going to be tough going through the growing pains until then. I feel bad for the Sedins. They are going to be 1,000 point players when all is said and done and they still will won't get the respect they deserve.

Tear a piece out of the rest of the Eastern Conference, anyway. :D

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
I truly believe that WD is the greatest actor ever and on team tank or the biggest idiot and worst coach in the history of the NHL. And it's sad I can't tell which one it is

It's the latter.

If it's the former he would have been an actor and played all of Gandolf, Dumbledore, as well as Professor X and Magneto at the same time.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Baertschi Horvat Lucic
Etem Sutter Virtanen
Plug McCann Plug

I specifically said if Daniel or Baertschi could switch to the right side. FWIW I think Daniel is an excellent player and would have absolutely no problem playing on the right side. He's often along the right wall anyway in the offensive zone. It would impact their defensive play, but it's not like hes chipping it out of his zone along the boards, and they spend most time in the offensive zone anyway.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's the latter.

If it's the former he would have been an actor and played all of Gandolf, Dumbledore, as well as Professor X and Magneto at the same time.

...or maybe smeagol, or perhaps even Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
As a resident of the Lower Mainland, my condolences Canuck fans. Being a Caps fan, I know what you guys are going through. Trust me. :help:

The Canucks have some good young players and it's going to be tough going through the growing pains until then. I feel bad for the Sedins. They are going to be 1,000 point players when all is said and done and they still will won't get the respect they deserve.

Tear a piece out of the rest of the Eastern Conference, anyway. :D

Haha welcome! Im a caps fan 2nd! Going for them bruins or panthers this playoffs with the canucks getting further from the race

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Retain 50%, take back Laich and Johansen salaries and then add the goodies

I would support that.

And then... I would cheer this team into the ****ing tank and then when the Sedins get resigned, I'd jump right back onto the wagon!

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Haha welcome! Im a caps fan 2nd! Going for them bruins or panthers this playoffs with the canucks getting further from the race

I'm an Oiler fan second. I've liked them since they were in the WHA. :) They are kind of a mess now, though. Lol.

I don't mind Boston and I quite like Florida. A real good feel good story they got going on there. :handclap:

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
I think some people have such unrealistic expectations for such an underpowered lineup. This roster was always destined for a bottom 10 finish, probably bottom 3 when Hamhuis down.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I think some people have such unrealistic expectations for such an underpowered lineup. This roster was always destined for a bottom 10 finish, probably bottom 3 when Hamhuis down.

Nobody really had great expectations for this team, but you have to admit when even the guys on the house radio station are scratching their heads at some of the things Willie does, it's bad...rarely have we ever seen a coach so far out of his depth behind an NHL bench imo.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
One of the more infuriating games I've watched this season. ****ing Derek Dorsett with the Sedins. I was told that it was a temporary thing, but it lasted the entire game except the last minute when LINDEN ****ING VEY took his place. Dorsett dragged the twins down all game. In the third when Virtanen got moved with Horvat I thought, oh good, Willie finally is going to put Vrbata with the twins but then I see Vrbata playing on the fourth line like that's going to work :laugh: Jesus Christ.

Etem looked decent. Tough night for Edler.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

The Sedins needs one thing.

A new management team. A new management team would instantly invigorate this team more than any trade or acquisition could ever dream of doing.

Think about it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad