Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Canucks goalie Miller back in starter's role vs. Capitals
Wednesday, 01.13.2016 / 11:24 AM
Brian Hunter - NHL.com Staff Writer

CANUCKS (17-16-10) at CAPITALS (32-7-3)

TV: SN360, CSN-DC

Season series: Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin scored with 4:55 left in regulation for a 3-2 win against the Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena on Nov. 22. Forwards Henrik Sedin and Radim Vrbata each had a goal and an assist for the Canucks.

More: http://canucks.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020647

Please keep mgmt., tank talk, etc. outta here.

Everyone here on HFCanucks is welcome to create a pre-game talk thread or a game day thread. Or both.

Last edited:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
We bumped Luongo's numbers down a bit... Time to make it up to him vs Holtby.

Let's score, ummm.. 4.
4 goals on 24 shots and call it a day.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Why doesn't Wille use the lines that actually worked. Virt with Bobae and Vrbata with the Sedins

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Maybe Willie is sitting McCann to bump up the experience level a tad to face the league's #1 team since he doesn't have last change.

Trots would be targeting McCann to lineup vs Ovechkin every chance he had. Wouldn't you?

In terms of running Dorsett with the twins... I don't think we'll see more than a couple shifts of it. Last game he was short shifting Virtanen with twins for Vrbata... I'm expecting something similar next game.

KDizzle

Aug 25, 2005
Bay Area
I mean does Willie think the Sedins need protection?
Ridiculous.

Unfortunately the only way we get rid of Willie is if we resume the tank.
What better place to start than against the best team in the NHL?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Said if before and bears repeating....this guy is the worst coach for in-game decision-making and line-up decision behind a Canuck bench in recent memory....he carries that clipboard around the same way as Linus in Peanuts....not surprised that Miller gets back in...wouldn't really matter how Markstrom has played....McCann benched instead of Vey...are you kidding me?....Vey will be in Utica as soon as Sutter returns...praying they can gong this guy, at least by the off-season:deadhorse

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Planned scratch to emulate an AHL schedule to ensure extra training time...

Outside the box thinking.

Worked last game as it was McCann's best in awhile. Interested to see how it works out.

Could be brilliant... or could cost wins.
(And I've had very little issue with Vey's game. Its his solid play that has given the coach/GM the flexibility to even impliment such a strategy)

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
I think dorsett has some serious dirt on WD. Hes blackmailing him into playing time, its the only thing that makes sense.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Think we win this one. Edler and Tanev held OV in check last game till that final brainfart by the pair so I think they'll win this matchup tomorrow

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Said if before and bears repeating....this guy is the worst coach for in-game decision-making and line-up decision behind a Canuck bench in recent memory....he carries that clipboard around the same way as Linus in Peanuts....not surprised that Miller gets back in...wouldn't really matter how Markstrom has played....McCann benched instead of Vey...are you kidding me?....Vey will be in Utica as soon as Sutter returns...praying they can gong this guy, at least by the off-season:deadhorse
could be good for Markstrom if Miller gets lit up by Ovi and friends.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Funny thing is I essentially approve of all the centre and left wing pairings. What the hell is going on at RW though I have no idea. It's like WD gets 3/4 of the way to figuring things out before losing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad