Post-Game Talk: Canucks 0 @ Flyers 2 | 17/12/15 (MOD Warning Post #235)

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
If your whole point was that they needed a 4th line center, that's fine. I like Richardson too, who knows what the deal was there. My point is that there are issues everywhere on the roster and this same problem would occur under these circumstances at other positions.

Well I think the whole point is that we should have another legit 3rd line center that we can push back to the 4th spot.

I feel like center and D are the most important parts and it's stupid that our current GM neglected that.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
If your whole point was that they needed a 4th line center, that's fine. I like Richardson too, who knows what the deal was there. My point is that there are issues everywhere on the roster and this same problem would occur under these circumstances at other positions.

Yeah but Benning came into a situation where there were more than adequate pieces on the roster to cover for injuries. That's why we had Garrison. That's why we had Santorelli. That's why we had Richardson.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
How many backup plans? We have ZERO backup plan right now.

I listed this.

Henrik
Sutter
Bo
Vey
Jones
McCann

Was the plan coming into the season. Do you even see a backup plan there?

This list needs to subtract one. Jones has played right wing all season and found a home on the energy/checking line, not one game at center. The replacement for Jones on this list would be Friesen. The best guy for the job based on his play in Utica would be Zalewski, but Benning didn't resign him.

Vey has been meh to bad and Cassels would be another choice, but he has 0 business in the NHL. He's not carrying his weight in the AHL as of now.

Benning had to see the list. He had to know injuries occur. You back yourself up with at least one solid guy you could rely on in an emergency in house and put another in the AHL. Utica needed him and now the Canucks are without him. Don't say you can't foresee injuries. A GM with a half a brain always considers the worst. He has to have plausible fail safes on the farm. They won't be able to replace your top guys, but in a shuffle they fit into the bottom six and hold the dam from breaking.

Knowing what we know about Vey and Jones, loss of one center puts Cracknell in as a regular with no answer for a second injury, where you are now. Imagine if McCann had been sent to Jrs.!

Not going to accept for a minute that Benning was doing any real deep thinking when he assembled either roster. There has been little preparation for an injury past one D and one forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad