Confirmed with Link: Canucks’ games vs TOR, ARI postponed; Myers in protocol (Dec 18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The cancellation of these games could be a blessing in disguise for BB and the Canucks..The team is allowed to practice..This will be an opportunity for him to fully implement his systems..

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
if ominicron or what ever is truly as transmissible as they say amongst the vaxxed we are all getting it u less you are a literal hermit.
Players are just as likely to get it if they postpone games. They are still going to socialize. I play beer league hockey am I risking my life? It is a massive joke right now

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
But that’s for each individuals choice, I got double vaxxed not because I was worried but for the vulnerable.

but at this point there is nothing else I can do. Do I just never do anything because someone might get sick and die.

i would take greater precautions if I was going to be in contact with someone who was vulernable.

but let each person make that choice if you are vulnerable or worried don’t go to events but why restrict others who are vaccinated going to places where only other vaccinated people are.

well sure but “nothing else i can do” doesn’t seem to be the calculus for the tweet that the person i quoted and i were responding to

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Players are just as likely to get it if they postpone games. They are still going to socialize. I play beer league hockey am I risking my life? It is a massive joke right now

These games were mostly postponed because they are in the US, not because the team might infect one another. If someone gets it in the US over the next 4-5 days, they can't come back to Canada for Christmas.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Normally a layoff can hurt a team with momentum.....but this might be a blessing in disguise for the Canucks. They'll be practicing for the next couple of weeks under Boudreau, and could well come out of the break with even better attention to the details of the system he's trying to implement.

That, and the fact that most of the injured players including Hamonic, may be close to returning by then. A fully healthy roster will not only be a boon to the big club; but will address the critical shortage of bodies in Abbotsford.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
well sure but “nothing else i can do” doesn’t seem to be the calculus for the tweet that the person i quoted and i were responding to

Sportsnet headlines
Canadiens Gallagher was hit hard by covid 19 so that says it can happen i take it the amount of travel and possible contact is the issue .
Would imagine the protocols and better health of the players minimizing it for most but as any work environment its either maintaining safety or closing till you can .

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
i think patience is in order from the nhl and everyone. if omicron is as mild as some are hoping/assuming we will all happily just ignore it in a couple of weeks when we have reliable data. there are some indications that might be the case, but nothing definitive and it is not our bet to make as individuals. our actions have consequences for others if we bet wrong, and the downside is catastrophic.

so right now no way am i going to count on a bunch of tweet graphs and prepublication articles. i have done two years of this crap and i am sure i can handle another two weeks to be sure, even if it inconveniences my christmas.

Love this sentiment.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Sportsnet headlines
Canadiens Gallagher was hit hard by covid 19 so that says it can happen i take it the amount of travel and possible contact is the issue .
Would imagine the protocols and better health of the players minimizing it for most but as any work environment its either maintaining safety or closing till you can .

First paragraph from that article... Brendan Gallagher said he feels great and energized after clearing COVID-19 protocols and rejoining the Montreal Canadiens.

Meanwhile, NHL players have been getting stretched off the ice at will the last few weeks, stemming from the danger of the game itself but we're shutting down the NHL because of the sniffles. sAfetyz fIrsT

Reactions: Indiana

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Once again I have to point out that it's not about individual players getting "less sick" it's about slowing the spread in the community. Some people need to give their collective heads a shake.
I find this specific point to be the most ignored and brushed aside of all the covid and vaccine arguments, because there is no clever way to say “I only care about me and don’t care about the health/lives of nameless and faceless strangers” and look good or justified.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Once again I have to point out that it's not about individual players getting "less sick", it's about slowing the spread in the community. Some people need to give their collective heads a shake.
The players will still get Covid if they aren’t playing hockey. It’s inevitable. They aren’t going to isolate at home until the games resume

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
The players will still get Covid if they aren’t playing hockey. It’s inevitable. They aren’t going to isolate at home until the games resume
I'm not sure you appreciate the purpose of slowing the spread. COVID is here to stay. It's about taking strategies to mitigate the damage. Assuming the players will get COVID at the same rate as when they participate in high risk events is categorically inaccurate. Believing they will replace these high risk events with other high risk events is not a leap that can be made. It's pure speculation. And I'd rather not create public policy based on speculation.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
The NHL is a tight circle filled with a few hundred people. There are hundreds of millions of regular people walking around spreading this thing everyday. Shutting down the NHL will do nothing to slow down the community spread.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
First paragraph from that article... Brendan Gallagher said he feels great and energized after clearing COVID-19 protocols and rejoining the Montreal Canadiens.

Meanwhile, NHL players have been getting stretched off the ice at will the last few weeks, stemming from the danger of the game itself but we're shutting down the NHL because of the sniffles. sAfetyz fIrsT

As far as covid possible league shutdown id say more to do with fans in seats being safe this thing has carried on probably far past anyones expectations how and when we get normal is a guess and what can be done try and isolate it try to vaccinate it which has made it less lethal but nothing seams to stop it .
Players being taken care of and respected on the ice starts at the top this league has denied cts issues deflect and avoid concussion issues they could care less any player is only important to buttman as a $ tool and players will continue to get injured as such till a leader gives a shit about game intead of just the dollars

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
The NHL is a tight circle filled with a few hundred people. There are hundreds of millions of regular people walking around spreading this thing everyday. Shutting down the NHL will do nothing to slow down the community spread.

Yes it will. the trainers, arena staff, managers, coaches, and their families are all a part of the community, its not just the players who are involved with the team that its going to affect.

The NHL should shutdown and definitely should not go the the olympics, but money is the root of everything and im sure there is a specfic dollar figure attached with each delay in the season that is just lost revenue and that is the reason for the slow action.

Dural

Jul 1, 2013
It is an outrage, if we continue to follow this mindset, we'll have games getting cancelled and seasons interrupted for a period measured in decades.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
It is an outrage, if we continue to follow this mindset, we'll have games getting cancelled and seasons interrupted for a period measured in decades.
What’s the hurry? We just pissed away nearly a decade because reasons.

Reactions: Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad