Confirmed with Link: Canucks’ COVID Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
speaking as someone who is on day 8 of quarantine after returning to Canada from Texas, and who had someone stop by my Airbnb today to check that I was here and that I hadn’t left for any reason, how exactly is he not breaking rules?

He's apparently considered "essential", which is f***ing ridiculous but that's on the government and not him.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
speaking as someone who is on day 8 of quarantine after returning to Canada from Texas, and who had someone stop by my Airbnb today to check that I was here and that I hadn’t left for any reason, how exactly is he not breaking rules?
Because he is classified as an essential worker... somehow.

technically, he isn’t breaking any rules

how he is classified as essential i will never know. outrage should be towards the people who classified him as essential - not him i guess

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
It's no different than taking photos of anyone breaking any other law.

That being said, Johnston's tweet indicates that he wasn't breaking quarantine rules so this is all a moot point.

OK so I can take photos of anyone in public and post them all over the internet if I even remotely think they are breaking a rule. Time to go take thousands of photos of the people who are cramming restruants and try to publically shame them. Like whoever took this photo doesnt understand personal boundarys and is obviously part of the Anti Benning, Benning is the worst human on the face of the earth crowd

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
OK so I can take photos of anyone in public and post them all over the internet if I even remotely think they are breaking a rule. Time to go take thousands of photos of the people who are cramming restruants and try to publically shame them. Like whoever took this photo doesnt understand personal boundarys and is obviously part of the Anti Benning, Benning is the worst human on the face of the earth crowd

I have zero issue with this.

Reactions: bossram

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

I mean yeah, if you know who they are. Go for it.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
It’s weird because I’m sure I’ve heard many media outlets say that players traded to canadian teams need to quarantine. So either that’s wrong, or the players have to but the executives don’t? That seems weird

Reactions: timw33

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
It’s weird because I’m sure I’ve heard many media outlets say that players traded to canadian teams need to quarantine. So either that’s wrong, or the players have to but the executives don’t? That seems weird
Somehow Canucks management was classified as essential. It's pretty insane. This isn't Benning's fault - I actually have no idea how that decision was made. His job can be done sitting at home. Frankly, I'm not sure why he even went to Texas in the first place.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Highmore and Boyd just had to quarantine.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Because he is classified as an essential worker... somehow.

technically, he isn’t breaking any rules

how he is classified as essential i will never know. outrage should be towards the people who classified him as essential - not him i guess

He might be exempt, but it's still a risk he takes on his own. Even if you're vaccinated, you can carry it and be asymptomatic, so this is still a risk for other people. And it's not like he wouldn't have options for someone else to shop for him. The timing also seems pretty bad with the team just recovering from an outbreak.

BC has screwed the pooch on policy planning during the pandemic, so it's not surprising he's considered essential.

Reactions: I am toxic and Peen

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So Benning is classified as 'an essential worker'. Seriously? I know half the Canuck fan base that that would pay to quarantine him for a couple of weeks, particularly around 'free agency frenzy' time.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

difference between a gm and a potato gm.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hes a millionaire

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Somehow Canucks management was classified as essential. It's pretty insane. This isn't Benning's fault - I actually have no idea how that decision was made. His job can be done sitting at home. Frankly, I'm not sure why he even went to Texas in the first place.

How else will he find the next Juolevi if he doesn't fall in love with him in person?

As an aside, on the "essential worker" debate, this is clearly not Benning's issue. The government let him go and gave him different quarantine conditions. That's not on Benning.

Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Old boys club = old boys methods. COVID has shown that many old timers will not alter their ways and take unnecessary and stupid risks. Why is the GM of all people going to TEXAS after a COVID outbreak crippled your team? Videos or foreign scouts can do the same thing.

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I know of a few executives who have been using "essential" status to get to the States for business trips, but they've been reading between the lines and really stretching the definition of what they do under the umbrellas of Energy or Finance (ie. setting up a new chequing account in the US and needing to sign for it). I mean, how else do you all think the variants are spreading?

Guidance on Essential Services and Functions in Canada During the COVID-19 Pandemic

Not sure how Benning and Weisbrod fit any of these. Genuinely wonder if Aquilini's corp applied for them to go under one of his other (food) related businesses.

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Old boys club = old boys methods. COVID has shown that many old timers will not alter their ways and take unnecessary and stupid risks. Why is the GM of all people going to TEXAS after a COVID outbreak crippled your team? Videos or foreign scouts can do the same thing.
Yeah, ..have you heard about those protocol breaking Old Boys Club raves .?..and stuff...lol

Reactions: Fatass
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad