Confirmed with Link: Canucks’ COVID Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Thing is, Aquilini is just as culpable in this instance. He’s the one who’d have the direct line to Bettman/the BOG to effect schedule changes. This is a failure for both him and Benning.

I don’t disagree. But he is also the only one that can do something. And that something is purging the front office, hiring a president and taking an obvious and public back seat to running the organization.

It’s actually not that hard of a solution. It’s just a solution I doubt his arrogance allows him to carry out.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Dab

Apr 17, 2017

To piggyback on VanJack’s point - definitely fire to this smoke. Friedman says the players are upset and felt left in the dark by the organization.

Props to Miller and the guys for standing up for themselves - but the Canucks (management, ownership) should have been the ones leading that charge.

Elliotte put it as diplomatically as he could “fences need to be mended between players and the organization”

Wow. Where’s IMac? That’s the second time Elliote stunted on IMac this week alone!

Reactions: rypper

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Thing is, Aquilini is just as culpable in this instance. He’s the one who’d have the direct line to Bettman/the BOG to effect schedule changes. This is a failure for both him and Benning.
I’ve never heard an owner lobbying for schedule changes but I’ve heard of GMs doing it.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Elliotte put it as diplomatically as he could “fences need to be mended between players and the organization”

Wow. Where’s IMac? That’s the second time Elliote stunted on IMac this week alone!
I heard the same roundtable interview with Elliot Friedmann on HNC......these Canuck players are seriously pissed right now. David Amber asked the rhetorical question about whether the players are ticked off with management, or exactly who they're angry at. But nobody was willing to speculate.

But it doesn't take a genius to figure out who has aroused their ire.....it's ownership, management and the NHL in that order.

Reactions: TruKnyte

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Not sure if it has been brought up here yet (too many posts to read).... but does anyone else think it is a coincidence that the Canucks had by far the busiest start to the year and ended up being the ones to get ravaged by covid? Basically what i am implying here is that because they had the busiest schedule, they were the most exhausted team and therefore their immune systems may have been weak. No I am not blaming anyone or making excuses, merely curious if this could have played a role. We know that exhaustion causes immune systems to be weak and we know that those with weak immune systems are at higher risk of contracting covid... so put two and two together.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Despite all this smoke, I still bet Benning lasts at least another full year. Lets be real - Aquillini is equally at fault here

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I sent @Mr. Canucklehead a dm about it since it’s not proven when the pic was taken but I really doubt someone would photoshop something like that. Shouldn’t be hard for one of the canucks media guys to figure it out

I don’t think there’s any harm in posting the picture. It looks like it could be him - but hard to say definitely with the mask.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

This is blowing up on twitter rn

Also don’t @ me about it. I’m not the guy who originally posted it and i agree it’s creepy

Last edited:
Reactions: LordBacon

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

Also don’t @ me about it. I’m not the guy who originally posted it and i agree it’s creepy

If the Gaudette patient 0 rumour was true, and if the players were upset with him about it, then I can't imagine they'll be happy with Benning now.

And for any of the posters who get upset when people question Benning's intellect - it's because of stupid shit like this.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015

Im pretty sure Jim is still at the u18s watching the gold medal game

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I'd agree that doing this under normal circumstances would be unethical but I think it's 100% fair game to take these pictures given the circumstances, provided that this is him.

Also he's a shit person so I don't really feel bad for him to begin with.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I'd agree that doing this under normal circumstances would be unethical but I think it's 100% fair game to take these pictures given the circumstances, provided that this is him.

Also he's a shit person so I don't really feel bad for him to begin with.

Its unethical under any circumstance........ How would you like me stalking you in public taking photos without your knowledge

Reactions: Zippgunn and yoss

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Its unethical under any circumstance........ How would you like me stalking you in public taking photos without your knowledge

It's no different than taking photos of anyone breaking any other law.

That being said, Johnston's tweet indicates that he wasn't breaking quarantine rules so this is all a moot point. I do find it ridiculous that he and Weisbrod are considered essential workers though.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
It's no different than taking photos of anyone breaking any other law.

That being said, Johnston's tweet indicates that he wasn't breaking quarantine rules so this is all a moot point.

speaking as someone who is on day 8 of quarantine after returning to Canada from Texas, and who had someone stop by my Airbnb today to check that I was here and that I hadn’t left for any reason, how exactly is he not breaking rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad