Confirmed with Link: Canuck Boss Francesco Aquillini State of the Union

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
This morning on Sportsnet 650 Canucks Boss Mr Francesco Aquillini had this to say

Francesco Aquilini on Trevor Linden: I can understand peoples interest in this and I had a great relationship with Trevor. Out of respect for Trevor and the current management team I don't want to say too much.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Francesco Aquilini on Trevor Linden part 2: Over time, things change. We have different business and they evolve. Trevor has been great but out of respect for Trevor and the current management team I want to leave it at that.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Francesco Aquilini on the state of the Canucks: It isn't going to be easy but we have to be realistic. There are no short cuts in this game and right now it is about building a core with this club and wanting to win together.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Francesco Aquilini on the state of the Canucks part 2: Patience is not easy. But, we have to work with what we have. I think we have a great talent pool of young players. I think we were rated second in The Athletic for our prospect pool.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Francesco Aquilini on the state of the Canucks part 3: We have a great coach and the pieces in place but, all we can ask for out of this team is to be entertaining to watch. If we are I am content because I know very soon we are going to be very, very good.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Francesco Aquilini on contracts: The coaches and management make decisions on who to bring in and it is my job to support them. With Gagner going to Toronto I wasn't happy about it. But, if other players are ahead of him and there are opportunities you have to go with it.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Francesco Aquilini on contracts part 2: Loui is a great professional and while he has struggled in recent times it is what the younger kids we are bringing in learn from him. I have no doubt he can get back to his game but theres more than just points to look at.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Francesco Aquilini on the rebuild: Jim has had a very tough job. When he came here there was maybe two prospects to work with so he had to start from scratch. I think for the most part he has done a tremendous job bringing in new exciting prospects.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Francesco Aquilini on the rebuild part 2: There is a reason there is not a captain and it is because no one is ready for it yet. Jim made the decision not to have one because no one has stood out. We have a great talent pool for our organization moving forward.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Francesco Aquilini on general business: No idea where talk of us selling the team came from but we are local guys who want to be a part of this for a long time. As far as the Lions at the moment it just doesn't make sense for us.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Francesco Aquilini on ownership in a Canadian market: Fans are very passionate and they care. You want to succeed and bring the Stanley Cup to the province and it is challenging but so rewarding.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Francesco Aquilini on ownership in a Canadian market part 2: As an owner all we can do is provide resources and Jim is welcome to spend to the cap if needed. But you have to be realistic, you aren't always going to be on top. It is hard but its necessary, it's about the process.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Francesco Aquilini on Seattle: I think it is great. I have supported it and the rivalry would be fantastic. I think Seattle is a great market that hasn't been tapped yet and I would rather see a team go there over going out east.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Francesco Aquilini My nephews got me into Esports and any one can play. I am obviously not that into playing but the beauty of this is how inclusive it is. This is just where the world is going to and millennials are all about i

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Francesco Aquilini on Danny and Hank: These two are quite possibly the most special people I have had the pleasure of dealing with. They are going to get an amazing night soon to be honored.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Francesco Aquilini on the @nllwarriors : They play on weekends so it is going to be a big party. People will come before they end up going out, it will really be like a party. There will be adjustments on pricing to get people to give it a chance.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Francesco Aquilini on former Canucks. I have tried to get Pavel Bure into the mix but, he lives quite far away. He does a lot of business in Russia as well which makes it tough. Was a huge fan of Trevor, Roberto and Danny and Hank as well.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Aquilini on general business: No idea where talk of us selling the team came from but we are local guys who want to be a part of this for a long time. As far as the Lions at the moment it just doesn't make sense for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad