Cannot poke the Devils 3-2 NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nynja*

All these posts about how we got 3 out of 4 in back to back games...
It was a ****ing home and home lol. The devils were also playing back to back, they were probably on the same flight to montreal.

Capitaine Subban*

It was a ****ing home and home lol. The devils were also playing back to back, they were probably on the same flight to montreal.

You also think it is an ok result or we sux like many ,here, are mad about ?

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Patches dumps the puck in playing 3 on 3... "Did I do good, coach?!?!"

Therrien puts Galchenyuk out for less the 10 seconds with WEISE... And then pulls him off for a D zone faceoff when he's been one of our best faceoff guys. Baffles me to NO end.

Say what you want about Patches being injured, but without that extra step he usually has he's not that good. Decision making wise, I'd even say he's a below average player and it really shows in situations where creativity is needed, such as the PP and OT. Probably going to get a lot of hate for that, but whatever. It's beginning to happen every game and it eventually needed to be focused on as an issue.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Desharnais's line is playing very well. It's not regression just because they didn't score for a game or two.

He didn't say they weren't playing well, just regressing back to what they are, a 3rd line. They are still doing very well, but yes, Weise was not going to score 40 goals this year, DD wasn't going to reach around 80pts and Fleischmann 60ish.
Right now, DD has 3pts in last 9gp, Flash 4 in last 10, Weise 3 in 10.
That's what regressing is. They're still playing well but they're a 3rd line.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

To be fair, Mtl also doesn't have their star goalie, missing their best RW, have 3 rookies in the line up, on top of other injuries. So ya, 3pts is still pretty good.

I don't remember which coach said it but he said you always expect to split when you have back to back games, even when the opposite team is also going through back to back.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Too bad they lost, but they gained a point on TB, and in the last few days the NYRs have fallen further back of the Habs. Also, it was good to see Galchenyuk display his scoring touch. Finally, I thought Condon played very well in back-to-back games. Mitchell should be back soon.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Too bad they lost, but they gained a point on TB, and in the last few days the NYRs have fallen further back of the Habs. Also, it was good to see Galchenyuk display his scoring touch and Condon played very well in back-to-back games. Finally, Mitchell should be back soon.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Too bad they lost, but they gained a point on TB, and in the last few days the NYRs have fallen further back of the Habs. Also, it was good to see Galchenyuk display his scoring touch and Condon played very well in back-to-back games. Finally, Mitchell should be back soon.

TB?? They aren't even in a PO spot right now..
If speaking of our division, they're behind us, Ottawa, Boston, and Detroit, in that order.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Patches dumps the puck in playing 3 on 3... "Did I do good, coach?!?!"

Therrien puts Galchenyuk out for less the 10 seconds with WEISE... And then pulls him off for a D zone faceoff when he's been one of our best faceoff guys. Baffles me to NO end.

Say what you want about Patches being injured, but without that extra step he usually has he's not that good. Decision making wise, I'd even say he's a below average player and it really shows in situations where creativity is needed, such as the PP and OT. Probably going to get a lot of hate for that, but whatever. It's beginning to happen every game and it eventually needed to be focused on as an issue.

Actually Galchenyuk has the best FO% on the roster, period.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We're at the point where I just expect us to win whenever we play. I haven't felt this way about a Hab team since the early 90s. We are serious contenders for the cup and if I had to pick one team to win it all it would be us. Feels really good to be able to say that after all these years.

All that being said, I hope we don't run into Schneider in the playoffs. :)

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
He didn't say they weren't playing well, just regressing back to what they are, a 3rd line. They are still doing very well, but yes, Weise was not going to score 40 goals this year, DD wasn't going to reach around 80pts and Fleischmann 60ish.
Right now, DD has 3pts in last 9gp, Flash 4 in last 10, Weise 3 in 10.
That's what regressing is. They're still playing well but they're a 3rd line.

That third line should just play third line minutes. It baffles me that the coach is overusing them so much.

We'll never win anything significant if DD is our 2nd most used center, but we can win if he's 3rd. Pretty simple concept that seems to be lost when it comes to Therrien.

Nynja*

You also think it is an ok result or we sux like many ,here, are mad about ?

No, read the second part of the post, its actually directly connected to the first part.

Our back to back situation was identical to the devils back to back situation, as far as travel and what not goes. So yes, the expectation of "a split" is valid and expected...but saying "hey we got 3 in 4 in a back to back, thats pretty good" is invalid. Its a valid statement when you play one team one night, then travel and play a different team another night whos not in a back to back situation. At that point you go with the mentality "lets make sure we get atleast 2". With both teams playing a home and home, the expectation should be "were in the same situation for both games, we're the better team, 4 points"

Last edited by a moderator:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I think they can be fine without him provided pleks and pacioretty can contribute more than empty net points.

Issue is they have went from all around scoring to now one line and almost more specifically one player doing carrying the bulk of the load.

DD line is regressing to what they are. A third line. Will MT adjust ice time accordingly who knows. Top line is sporatic when scoring when it matters. Fourth line offense dried up without mitchell.

Gotta get pleks and pacioretty being the catalyst of ths team

I'm just glad that 3rd line picked up some of the slack while other lines weren't in full force at times. Flash(PTO signing), DD(undersized center) and Weise(good 3rd liner) are a very good 3rd line but a 3rd line nonetheless.

With galchenyuk getting better before our eyes I think we'll see those 2 lines switch as needed and Galchenyuk finally being #2C.

Not sure what the future holds for Andrighetto but he's looked good so far, is he the guy we'll bring into the playoffs? Who knows. Should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad