Cannot poke the Devils 3-2 NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCarriere

Mar 15, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
I don't know about you guys but to me Pacioretty has been hot garbage for the most part so far this year. Guy's gotta step up, the effort just isn't there. Can't get empty net goals and phantom assists all year.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I don't know about you guys but to me Pacioretty has been hot garbage for the most part so far this year. Guy's gotta step up, the effort just isn't there. Can't get empty net goals and phantom assists all year.

It's almost like he's recovering from a serious injury that happened early in the season.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Tough December coming up:
http://oi67.tinypic.com/dffx3t.jpg

How many wins? The end of December road trip usually is a losing streak historically, without Price and Gallagher hard to imagine it being much more successful. I'd be happy if they can rack up 5 wins in the next 8 games to buffer that road trip.

First half is aight. The rest is gonna be tough though. Atleast the SJ and LA games are at home, so there's that.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
It's almost like he's recovering from a serious injury that happened early in the season.

Injury or not... At some point you have to question the effort level.

And I'm not acting surprised or anything. Pacioretty has always been streaky, hell, the vast majority of scorers are streaky. What I don't like about his game during his slumps is that he just seems to coast around at times. He's not getting involved in the play nearly as much as he should.

Now, as I said, I don't see it as a particularly alarming issue in his case. He's been that way for as long as I can remember. But he'll need to flip that switch on eventually. He's been doing a fine job setting up plays lately - an underrated part of his game, in my opinion - but I'd like to see him use his speed and shot a lot more. So far, Plekanec and Gallagher have been the ones carrying that line.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Injury or not... At some point you have to question the effort level.

And I'm not acting surprised or anything. Pacioretty has always been streaky, hell, the vast majority of scorers are streaky. What I don't like about his game during his slumps is that he just seems to coast around at times. He's not getting involved in the play nearly as much as he should.

Now, as I said, I don't see it as a particularly alarming issue in his case. He's been that way for as long as I can remember. But he'll need to flip that switch on eventually. He's been doing a fine job setting up plays lately - an underrated part of his game, in my opinion - but I'd like to see him use his speed and shot a lot more. So far, Plekanec and Gallagher have been the ones carrying that line.

I think Pacioretty had played well considering his injury. I take exception to a "hot garbage" comment.

I loved him with Galchenyuk. A very dynamic pair that could set each other up and put lots in the net.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Probably the first time in my life i see a ppg player after 25 games being called hot garbage.

Can he play better? Sure he can. Is he floating a little bit? Yeah. But hot garbage is really a gross exaggeration.

Nobody has been hot garbage this season. Well maybe Semin but he is not playing anyway. There's a reason we are first after all (and no it's not because of Carey Price). I don't mind him floating a little bit more in the season if it means he'll be better in the playoffs.

This said i don't think he has this extra gear in him. I don't think it's a problem with his current cap hit. At one point you can't have twenty 6 foots 2 Gallagher in a team. All teams have a couple of players floating. I prefer a floating big winger like Patch scoring 35 goals in season and around 26 over 82 games in playoffs than a floating smallish 15-20 goals player in season who disappear completely in playoffs. There's many of those in the league. There's not too much Patch at 4.5 millions.

Last edited:

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Probably the first time in my life i see a ppg player after 25 games being called hot garbage.

Can he play better? Sure he can. Is he floating a little bit? Yeah. But hot garbage is really a gross exaggeration.

Nobody has been hot garbage this season. Well maybe Semin but he is not playing anyway. There's a reason we are first after all (and no it's not because of Carey Price). I don't mind him floating a little bit more in the season if it means he'll be better in the playoffs.

Here here brother. Amen

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Recovering from a broken leg......24 pts in 25 games...easy does it now.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I'd love him to score 40 more empty net goals this season even if he doesn't score a single ES or PP goal.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Pacioretty doesn't strike me as a player that has game-breaking ability like Subban, or like Kovalev or Koivu. Those players are good but they have that extra gear when the games gets tougher and more important (playoffs). In the playoffs, the players that I expect to lead us as far as possible are Subban and Price, not Pacioretty, hopefully he will prove me wrong.

It's great that right now, he's only making 4.5M$ so even if he floats and takes bad decisions at time, he will always have one of the best bang for the buck player in the league but when his current contract will expire and he makes 7M$, then the leash will be much shorter.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Pacioretty doesn't strike me as a player that has game-breaking ability like Subban, or like Kovalev or Koivu. Those players are good but they have that extra gear when the games gets tougher and more important (playoffs). In the playoffs, the players that I expect to lead us as far as possible are Subban and Price, not Pacioretty, hopefully he will prove me wrong.

It's great that right now, he's only making 4.5M$ so even if he floats and takes bad decisions at time, he will always have one of the best bang for the buck player in the league but when his current contract will expire and he makes 7M$, then the leash will be much shorter.

We still have 3.5 years to go before that happens. Lot of things can happen in 3.5 years.

Let's focus on now ;) Right now Patch should be the least of MB concerns.

He is not producing as much in playoffs as in regular season but his 26 goals pace in playoffs is still very good considering his contract.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We still have 3.5 years to go before that happens. Lot of things can happen in 3.5 years.

Let's focus on now ;) Right now Patch should be the least of MB concerns.

He is not producing as much in playoffs as in regular season but his 26 goals pace in playoffs is still very good considering his contract.

The best bang for the buck doesn't amount to much in the post season.
The players have all been paid by then. ;)

We absolutely need to find a way of getting Max freed up somehow.
He should be able to slot in on three different lines if need be.
It will be great if he can hit the post season 100% this year.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Pax Galchenyuk Gal
Eller Plek Andrighetto
Fleisch DD Weize
Flynn Mitchell DSP

Just do it. When healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad