GDT: canhur

What did you watch during our much needed break?

• Total voters

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I swear they needed to tag up before the puck re-entered the zone. The production truck agreed with me, which is why they did that segment about the possible offside. Maybe the rule has changed over the years (actually, I'm fairly certain it has), but I could swear this was correct.
What you describe has been a rule at various points. I don’t think it has been in at least 20 years.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Refs seriously impacted that game, but we also couldn't get anything going 5-5. We need to figure out how to not rely so much on the powerplay.
Needed svetch plus canucks are a big team and we couldn’t run our pressure game until that third period.

But, like I stated in an earlier post….bad PK + bad goaltending are killer against good teams.

Now we get Avs

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I swear they needed to tag up before the puck re-entered the zone. The production truck agreed with me, which is why they did that segment about the possible offside. Maybe the rule has changed over the years (actually, I'm fairly certain it has), but I could swear this was correct.

If this were true, then what does delayed offsides even mean to you? (Legit question, maybe one that helps you see the error of your ways haha, given that this was a fairly cut and dry “delayed offsides then tag up”.) What you’re describing is automatic offsides which is simply not offsides rule the NHL uses.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Still need another top 6 forward that’s pretty evident. If they are to lose someone from there top 6 like they did last year we’ll be back in the exact same position. I’m okay with bringing someone in and scratching fast
I’m not a fan of turbo either…too small and not influential against big teams (cats and canucks are two).

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
PK's GA reminded me of this old gif.
1000004533.gif

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
This offside thing is on twitter too. Like this is what delayed offside is and it’s been a rule for the last 20 years. What the hell is going on?

Edit: Looks like the way Blueline was describing it was the rule between 1996-2005. Honestly that seems longer to me than I would have expected. I thought it was more short lived.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
First game I've been at live in a while. It was as boring in person as it was live.

Then most exciting part was that was a guy probably in his 40s going at it with a bunch of ECU students. Thought for sure there were going to be fists thrown. Security had to come up a couple of times to diffuse the situation.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Ah ECU students, I hope we never change.
The poor guy. I don't know exactly what happened, but I "think" one of them sat in the seat next to him and the rest were in the two rows behind him. They were being loud, obnoxious and probably spilled a drink or two as drunk college students do. I think he asked if that was his seat and the kid said no, so he started yelling that he wanted him to leave, he didn't want to him sitting next to him and pounding on the seat. There was a lot of screaming back and forth and both parties were screaming that they were kick the other person's ass. Apparently the kid that sat next to him has liver cancer so that made the rest of his ECU buddies go off on the guy.

The bad part for the guy was that the kid sitting there initially was the quietest of all of them. One of them really did have that seat and he was one of the loudest and drunkest, so it made it worse for the guy as he sat there all game.

No idea what else went on or who was at fault, but it was quite the spectacle.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
The poor guy. I don't know exactly what happened, but I "think" one of them sat in the seat next to him and the rest were in the two rows behind him. They were being loud, obnoxious and probably spilled a drink or two as drunk college students do. I think he asked if that was his seat and the kid said no, so he started yelling that he wanted him to leave, he didn't want to him sitting next to him and pounding on the seat. There was a lot of screaming back and forth and both parties were screaming that they were kick the other person's ass. Apparently the kid that sat next to him has liver cancer so that made the rest of his ECU buddies go off on the guy.

The bad part for the guy was that the kid sitting there initially was the quietest of all of them. One of them really did have that seat and he was one of the loudest and drunkest, so it made it worse for the guy as he sat there all game.

We represent well. Be damned if you give a cancer friend a hard time

Reactions: Blueline Bomber

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Ahh yes let's all get shit faced for the one guy who has liver cancer and (probably) shouldn't be anywhere near alcohol for the time being. Gotta love college students

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

A pretty good summary of why I don't go to games much anymore. One great thing about going to bad hockey is that there's always an empty seat (or section) that lets you get away from nonsense like this.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Ahh yes let's all get shit faced for the one guy who has liver cancer and (probably) shouldn't be anywhere near alcohol for the time being. Gotta love college students

Huh?

So if one of their buddies has cancer, they should never drink alcohol in front of him ever, shouldn't take him on an outing where alcohol may be consumed and just leave him at home instead? That makes zero sense.

From what I could tell, there were a few of them drinking nothing but soda (the cancer guy being one of them) that were apparently the designated drivers.

Like I said, no idea what really started it all and they were a bit rowdy. I'm sure the one guy felt differently as he was the one getting into it with them, but as I said, I have no idea what started it for sure, I was only seeing the aftermath.

I wasn't close enough to them to have it affect me either way as I was a few rows away and off to the left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad