GDT: canhur

What did you watch during our much needed break?

• Total voters

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
"In ice hockey, a play is offside if a player on the attacking team does not control the puck and is in the offensive zone when a different attacking player causes the puck to enter the offensive zone, until either the puck or all attacking players leave the offensive zone. Simply put, the puck must not enter the attacking zone after attacking players. If a player on the attacking team is in the offensive zone before the puck, either an immediate offside occurs, or they must retreat to the neutral zone."

What?

Read the second sentence you bolded. I’ll bold the good part for you:

If a player on the attacking team is in the offensive zone before the puck, either an immediate offside occurs, or they must retreat to the neutral zone."

Miller was in the offensive zone before the puck. Then, he retreated to the neutral zone. Before he tagged up, this is called “delayed offsides.” After he tagged up, this is no longer offsides.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
over/under on how quickly Canucks score after we pull Kooch?

what's this bullshit by Zadorov/Hronek with the face punches after the whistle? Not a penalty of course

Reactions: VAcaniac and Tryamw

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Read the second sentence you bolded. I’ll bold the good part for you:

Miller was in the offensive zone before the puck. Then, he retreated to the neutral zone. Before he tagged up, this is called “delayed offsides.” After he tagged up, this is no longer offsides.

I swear they needed to tag up before the puck re-entered the zone. The production truck agreed with me, which is why they did that segment about the possible offside. Maybe the rule has changed over the years (actually, I'm fairly certain it has), but I could swear this was correct.

Reactions: MisterDobz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad