GDT: Canes Yotes Zero Effort

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I enjoy Victor Rask's hockey'ing.

I don't now what he's added to his game this year, but he's been able to create space 1 on 1 this year, rather than just get forced wide for a Bowman.

I think he does a better job at using his body and shielding the puck from defenders. I've notice he does that better this year and it allows him to create space.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Holy cow. Almost gave that one away but damn right I'll take the win. Let's hope our squad can keep this winning thing going. We have waited long enough for it. Seasons not over yet and the time to play catch up is now.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I can't remember the last time I was pumped to watch the next Canes game. This streak has been very entertaining.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I assume that's the first Tre Kronnor goal in franchise history? Swede-to-Swede-to-Swede. If that wasn't already a term used for that I'm trademarking it.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
A typical EA NHL goal. Rask has now 7p in his last 4 games, and totally 3 more points then crosby himself.

Carolina looks a lot better then last year when I have watch them this year. Faulk is still their best player, but it seems like the team overall is coming togeheter more and more.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
You are probably right, which is why we need to just sit back and enjoy it now.

15 points by players tonight and once again 11 of them by players 23 and under.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
A typical EA NHL goal. Rask has now 7p in his last 4 games, and totally 3 more points then crosby himself.

Carolina looks a lot better then last year when I have watch them this year. Faulk is still their best player, but it seems like the team overall is coming togeheter more and more.

Rask has been a very pleasant surprise this year. He is already playing at a 2C level and showing he might be able to do more. Very Faulk-like in using his toolbox to its highest potential. Just consistently makes smart, simple plays.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Eddie Lack has to be one of the Canes worst goalies that Ive ever seen wear a Canes Sweater and that says a lot. He probably creates more chances with his rebounds than the opposing team actually creates.

Hockeywatching

May 9, 2015
Eddie Lack has to be one of the Canes worst goalies that Ive ever seen wear a Canes Sweater and that says a lot. He probably creates more chances with his rebounds than the opposing team actually creates.

I'm curious about this. I didn't really notice 'bad goaltending' per say in this game compared to earlier games. Is it because I'm distracted by a much better offensive presence? I will say Eddie Lack is quite the spring board.

JClaus33

Sep 18, 2013
NC/SC
I'm just soaking it all in while it lasts. This is the most entertaining this team has been to watch in years. I love it. However long it lasts, I'm just enjoying the ride :)

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
V. Rask goal celebrations are the best of all time. Dude is colder than Pitkanen.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Tell me more about Rask, I was expecting Lindholm to really break out this year but it looks like Rask is having a solid season (point wise) I havnt watched more than a few canes games so far this year so I dont know much..

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Tell me more about Rask, I was expecting Lindholm to really break out this year but it looks like Rask is having a solid season (point wise) I havnt watched more than a few canes games so far this year so I dont know much..

He was projected to be a top 10 pick, attitude and skating dropped him to us in the 2nd round.

He's showing his top 10 pick ability now, he was able to spend a year in the minors working on his skating and hadn't heard anything about his attitude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad