GDT: Canes/Wings III; or, "Last Chance for a 3-Goal Game"

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Is it fair to say that Peters' system is a defensive system? I still think the ultimate goal is to load up on young talent in the draft, then when they're on the cusp of competition fire Peters and promote Brind'Amour.

That Faulk screw up was hilarious, I assumed it was Jordan to make such a boneheaded play.

Also Cam Ward rocking that .908, almost at .500 for the first time in 4 years or so. :yo:

Brind'Amour is the PP and Forward coach. Clearly the worst part of our game.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
And then they had a 3-0 lead last night and lost in regulation. How Bruce hasn't been fired yet is beyond me.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Factors in Jordan's better showing:

1. not playing his off side
2. bottom pairing role (hint: he's an okay to pretty good #6 but an overmatched #4)

Meh, I still thought he was the worst of our six last night. Looks unsure of himself and doesn't bring anything to the table that I could see. Then again, I missed last week's games, when apparently he was a skating dumpster fire, so I can't compare last night to those games.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Meh, I still thought he was the worst of our six last night. Looks unsure of himself and doesn't bring anything to the table that I could see. Then again, I missed last week's games, when apparently he was a skating dumpster fire, so I can't compare last night to those games.

I'm with you. Jordan was better last night, but he wasn't exactly good. We should sit him, bring Hanifin back in, and keep Pesce in. At least of that last game, Pesce was better than Jordan, and we were expecting Jordan to be a #7 anyway.

Whalermania

Dec 25, 2014
I watched the Detroit broadcast and they mentioned that 15 teams had scouts at the game and that it was an unusually large amount. Maybe RF is shopping for some offense?

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
do you have any idea what their shooting percentage is.

Oh, it's low, I know.

But at the same time, look at the talents the Ducks have. Yet they're 1-6-2 and they've scored 9 goals in 9 games. You're really going to tell me that the coach's job isn't at risk?

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Oh, it's low, I know.

But at the same time, look at the talents the Ducks have. Yet they're 1-6-2 and they've scored 9 goals in 9 games. You're really going to tell me that the coach's job isn't at risk?

It's at risk, yes. Should it be? By and large the same team had a 3-2 series lead to get to the Cup final.

Pro sports is so goddamn reactionary these days. If you suck today, and you've sucked for a long period, sure, fire the coach. But it's so shortsighted to base a coaching move on 10 games.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It's at risk, yes. Should it be? By and large the same team had a 3-2 series lead to get to the Cup final.

Pro sports is so goddamn reactionary these days. If you suck today, and you've sucked for a long period, sure, fire the coach. But it's so shortsighted to base a coaching move on 10 games.

Depends if the Ducks believe that their window to win another Cup is closing and if firing Bruce is the only solution to turning around from their 1-6-2 start.

So yeah, I think it's at risk, regardless of their shooting percentage.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Depends if the Ducks believe that their window to mwin another Cup is closing and if firing Bruce is the only solution to turning around from their 1-6-2 start.

So yeah, I think it's at risk, regardless of their shooting percentage.

If they thought their window was that small they probably shouldnt have committeed $24 million a year to 3 guys over 30 for the next 7 years.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'd venture a guess that coaches get fired more often than not when it isn't their fault. It's the easiest, and sometimes only, thing for a GM to do, so they do it, even if it's not the coaches fault. Even if it isn't his fault, I'd be surprised if Boudreau's job isn't at risk. Look how many coaches the Canes have gone through without improving the results.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Jordan hasn't been good, but only 4 guys on the team have more than 2 points in 9 games (Faulk, E. Staal, Versteeg and Rask). Pretty sad.

Lindholm has 1 point, and no one has said a damn word about it. He's being outscored by Brad Malone, Ron Hainsey, Noah Hanifin, and Ryan Murphy. But EHRMIGAD the Staals are the reason we suck. JStaal is playing in a defensive role with no PP time and has zero points, which is terrible. Lindholm is playing in an offensive role with PP time and has 1 point, which is just as bad, if not more damaging. Ironically the only point he has was a goal when he was double shifting as the 4th line center.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Lindholm has 1 point, and no one has said a damn word about it. He's being outscored by Brad Malone, Ron Hainsey, Noah Hanifin, and Ryan Murphy. But EHRMIGAD the Staals are the reason we suck. JStaal is playing in a defensive role with no PP time and has zero points, which is terrible. Lindholm is playing in an offensive role with PP time and has 1 point, which is just as bad, if not more damaging. Ironically the only point he has was a goal when he was double shifting as the 4th line center.

Yep. Was going to single him out in my post, but when I looked at the rest of the team and saw that only 4 guys have more than 2 points, I lumped them all together.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh

Didn't he just sign an extension over the summer too?

I can cut Jordan some slack as he has been put into a defensive role and look at his line mates. I mean he pretty much gifted Terry a goal and Terry screwed it up. There are a couple passes he's made where his line mates could have scored and they either went high or wide.

Lindholm has taken a step back for whatever reason. I pretty much forget that he's even on the team cause he has done absolutely nothing in these 10 games.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I think it's pretty natural to start with the guys who are presumed to be leaders and make the most cash, and work your way down. Of course Lindy deserves some flak. Jstaal has been a disappointment offensively the whole time he's been here. Defensive role or not he was expected to do more scoring. He doesn't take the puck to the net. He very often just skates to the wall and rides the boards around the peremeter until he runs out of options and dumps to the next open person. Great for possession, not great for scoring.

Lindy is a lot like skinner, no confidence and fighting it. He also tends to not go to the net enough, makes nice passes to guys who aren't ready for them because they expect him to shoot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad