GDT: Canes/Wings III; or, "Last Chance for a 3-Goal Game"

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
I've been watching a lot of old Pens games lately, and Jordan used to just be a lot better offensively. He could take over games with his ability to go to the net and be a pain in the ass for defenders to stop.

He just doesn't do that now.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
pretty much every offensive player on this team plays like a shell of their former selves so that isnt surprising

they all look like they have no clue what they are doing once they cross the red line

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I've been watching a lot of old Pens games lately, and Jordan used to just be a lot better offensively. He could take over games with his ability to go to the net and be a pain in the ass for defenders to stop.

He just doesn't do that now.

Sounds like someone else who got a lucrative long term contract in a no pressure market. Difference being one has a lot more to offer offensively than driving the net.

Jun 13, 2010
NC
I was so excited when we got him but in reality we gave up 2 high first round picks in Sutter/Pouliout and Dumoulin. Pens never seemed super satisfied with Sutter but he seemed decent, and those two defensemen should play for them going forward.

Staal with Pens GP298 G110 A128 (regular season only)
Staal with Canes GP185 G31 A64

Admittedly, leaguewide scoring has dropped a little since he's arrived here but his numbers have dropped off way more than would be expected.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
League wide scoring drop is far less an issue after watching those highlights. He used to cut back to the net on defenders. And also just drive at it and make you stop him. The linemates did create rebounds which he doesn't get here, but the rest doesn't make sense.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Jordan used to be a lot faster, I think. Same with Eric. It doesn't take long for that 21yo speed to go away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad