Pre-Game Talk: Canes @ Wings: 10/16/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
Mrazek really did steal that game. The Canes were flying to start and the Wings looked like they were skating on cement blocks. The effort against Tampa was far better. Hopefully that's the team we see tonight...or this may be a long weekend.

RedMachine87

May 20, 2011
A^2
100 point teams don't have a "bunch" of games like that. Monkey in the middle is rarely the style of winning teams.

"We didn't play that game, to be honest with you," Kronwall said. "The first two periods ... we weren't even there. We were lucky to have Petr steal that game for us.

"Sure we were coming off playing the night before, but that's no excuse. We have to find a way to play better than that. The biggest thing is we have to be mentally there. If the brain's working you're going to be playing a lot quicker. I think it was one guy with the puck and the other four guys standing there watching him and seeing what he was going to do with it. We have to play a better game overall with a five-man unit."

Not a recipe for success.

There is no excuse for the way they played those first two periods in that game. Getting outshot 30-something to 5 at the end of the second is embarrassing.

That said, it was definitely a combination of a bunch of factors - emotional Toronto game the night before, fly in late and sleep by 2-3am, Carolina's system lends itself to outshooting opponents w/ parameter shots (as researched by others on this board), and most of all, Carolina was rested and focused for their home opener - they played very well the first couple of periods. I'd wager if they were able to maintain that intensity / level of play the entire season they'd be a surefire playoff team. :laugh:

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
I look forward to being the only undefeated team in the East by the end of this weekend.

Hillbillywingsfan

Nov 12, 2009
Austin, Tx
Well it looks like I'm over here now posting. The other forum has gone down hill. I really hope the mods are better on this site then they are on others.

Anyways I finally get excited to see this team play. I love the changes that blash has made so far with letting Larkin actually compete for a spot and has looked awesome so far doing it. In turn it looks like his play has rubbed off on others. Real excited to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad