Pre-Game Talk: Canes @ Wings: 10/16/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Can't believe I'm genuinely excited to watch the Hurricanes. Last game their stars put on a show, the dominance was shocking. E. Staal looked as good as he ever has. I must be brain-dead how could I have never noticed what a beast Falk is? Skating up ice or simply gathering a puck wheeling backwards, wow he has the physique and hands of a Norris candidate.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Can't believe I'm genuinely excited to watch the Hurricanes. Last game their stars put on a show, the dominance was shocking. E. Staal looked as good as he ever has. I must be brain-dead how could I have never noticed what a beast Falk is? Skating up ice or simply gathering a puck wheeling backwards, wow he has the physique and hands of a Norris candidate.

Yep. Hanifin is a stud too.

minitrucker83

Apr 2, 2012
But I care because only getting points from bad teams doesn't inspire confidence as to how well a team does when they get into the playoffs.
+1 and not to mention how tight the league was last year, owning the tie breaker come playoffs could be huge.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Our 4th liners play quite a bit.

They won't without Glendening, he is the reason they play quite a bit.

Nosek probably could play the role, not really scared of putting Andersson in. He isn't a terrible player, not a part of the future, but a solid NHL guy as far as I am concerned to grab low-line minutes.

Last edited:

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Who do you guys expect will start in net?? Is Howard the clear cut starter??

I think that with Howard's two games he looks like the starter... for now... I will be very surprised if Mrazek isn't the starter come playoff time, we'll see. For now I expect Mrazek will get Carolina and Howard Montreal. I expect us to have a much better game against Carolina this time and Mrazek to let in one or none. How the Montreal game goes will be the next test for Howard as starter.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I think that with Howard's two games he looks like the starter... for now... I will be very surprised if Mrazek isn't the starter come playoff time, we'll see. For now I expect Mrazek will get Carolina and Howard Montreal. I expect us to have a much better game against Carolina this time and Mrazek to let in one or none. How the Montreal game goes will be the next test for Howard as starter.

Not tired this game should win 5-1 Abby another hat trick

Actual Thought*

I hope they show up prepared to play. There is absolutely no excuse for the performance we were treated to in the last game against the Canes. The worst I can remember.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Need to get the win vs. Carolina because playing arguably the best team in the league right now on the second night of a back to back is going almost assuredly be a loss. You never know but man I don't like those odds at all. But hey Montreal has to lose one sometime, right?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I hope they show up prepared to play. There is absolutely no excuse for the performance we were treated to in the last game against the Canes. The worst I can remember.

I can think of a bunch from last season that were just as bad.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Need to get the win vs. Carolina because playing arguably the best team in the league right now on the second night of a back to back is going almost assuredly be a loss. You never know but man I don't like those odds at all. But hey Montreal has to lose one sometime, right?

I probably like our chances against Montreal better then half of you.

Like I said above if that happens it could regenerize the team, and we could beat them. Or at least take them to ot.

But if we lose against Carolina I would bet we lose against Montreal.

Actual Thought*

I can think of a bunch from last season that were just as bad.
100 point teams don't have a "bunch" of games like that. Monkey in the middle is rarely the style of winning teams.

"We didn't play that game, to be honest with you," Kronwall said. "The first two periods ... we weren't even there. We were lucky to have Petr steal that game for us.

"Sure we were coming off playing the night before, but that's no excuse. We have to find a way to play better than that. The biggest thing is we have to be mentally there. If the brain's working you're going to be playing a lot quicker. I think it was one guy with the puck and the other four guys standing there watching him and seeing what he was going to do with it. We have to play a better game overall with a five-man unit."

Not a recipe for success.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
100 point teams don't have a "bunch" of games like that. Monkey in the middle is rarely the style of winning teams.

"We didn't play that game, to be honest with you," Kronwall said. "The first two periods ... we weren't even there. We were lucky to have Petr steal that game for us.

"Sure we were coming off playing the night before, but that's no excuse. We have to find a way to play better than that. The biggest thing is we have to be mentally there. If the brain's working you're going to be playing a lot quicker. I think it was one guy with the puck and the other four guys standing there watching him and seeing what he was going to do with it. We have to play a better game overall with a five-man unit."

Not a recipe for success.

Not a recipe for success... what's our record again? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad