GDT: Canes vs. Sabres...in Da UP

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
am i missing something? shouldn't you be harder on a guy expected be a top 4 defenseman playing 20 minutes a night than a fringe nhler? it's like being tougher on chris terry than jeff skinner.

murphy's playing fine. he's made a few routine, everyday mistakes that every defenseman makes and is getting grilled over it because people are obsessed with him.

edit: and of course the post i respond to gets edited. guy was saying that he's holding murphy to a higher standard than hanifin for some strange reason that didn't make any sense, said he was playing "terrible."

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
never mind ill hold my tongue i don't want to fight. I think I'm getting agitated of watching the hurricanes get out there and "try" to play hockey.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
am i missing something? shouldn't you be harder on a guy expected be a top 4 defenseman playing 20 minutes a night than a fringe nhler? it's like being tougher on chris terry than jeff skinner.

murphy's playing fine. he's made a few routine, everyday mistakes that every defenseman makes and is getting grilled over it because people are obsessed with him.

edit: and of course the post i respond to gets edited. guy was saying that he's holding murphy to a higher standard than hanifin for some strange reason that didn't make any sense.

lol you must be itchin to argue. i edited cause i don't want to argue with people like you it's honestly a waste of time.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
If only there were rollover goals, then all those useless Tuomo Ruutu goals in 5-1 blowouts might count for something.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010

"

dude i **** on hanifin for like the last half of the season last year.

also i think the pairings are going to be Slavin-Faulk, Hainsey-Pesce and Hanifin Murphy/Tennyson

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Hopefully these last two games with what should be much better lineups will look a lot better. End of the day on this one, the few guys I would have expected to look good did, the guys I would have thought would be a mixed bag for whatever reason were, and it was a weird playing situation, so I'm not worried yet. Ward has a history of some bad games in preseason, not that that necessarily means anything, so it's nice to see him play solid so far, even when the team in front of him isn't great.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Can't recall, how were you when it came to Chad LaRose? :sarcasm:

In all seriousness though, you have a point. The criticism tends to be focused much more on the Chris Terry's, the Jay Harrisons, and the fringe guys in many cases more than the guys who really drive the bus.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
This is my first viewing of the season, so here's my hot take. Murphy hasn't been the worst defenseman on his pairing. Hanifin has been awful but no one seems to notice because they're too busy waiting for Murphy to **** up.

Can't speak for the rest of the board. I didn't see the 2nd half of the game, but when Hanifin made a terrible drop pass at the blue line leading to a odd man rush, I commented on that in a post, the same way I would have if it was Murphy. I didn't see any goals but the 1st, in which Tennyson played poorly in front of Ward, which I commented on also so I can't comment on how guys played after 1 1st and a few min. into the 2nd.

None of it means much though. This is a pre-season game with a mish-mash line-up on a unique rink, etc..

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
Guess now that Eric is gone, Murphy becomes the new scapegoat. I watched the first period and half of the second. I didn't see anything that was too bad from him. Yeah he made mistakes, but he isn't going to be our top guy, he'll be sheltered as the 6th guy. Ya'll should be loving Murphy for sacrificing himself to the expansion draft. :laugh:

What we should be complaining about is the continued lack of scoring. Yes, I get it, we played mostly kids, but outside of Skinner, no one is putting the puck in the net. That's a huge problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad