GDT: Canes vs Kings

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I guess that's one way of looking at it. But other than this game against LA, the Canes have squandered opportunities against some of the worst teams (record wise) in the NHL, AT HOME. They have 3 more games against lesser teams (Philly, EDM, Buffalo) and then it's a stretch against a lot of tough teams (NYR, MTL, PHX, DAL).

Eh, it's hard to tell. They've squandered opportunities against Minnesota, Philly and Toronto.

Minnesota is really good this year, so coming away with a point in that game is a plus, even if we did have a lead. Toronto is a bad team in the standings, but had been red hot when we played them, Reimer especially. So only scoring 1, expecting it to hold up and failing isn't a surprise.

Really, only the Philly game stands out as a red mark this month. Every other game went about as expected, if not better.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Norris contenders dont repeatedly have turnovers like the one that kopitar buried in our net. His shot has become a weapon no doubt, but he would have to be up a few notches in his own end to be a Norris guy. He deserves recognition for the point shot, no doubt.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I don’t think a terrible defensive gaffe here and there will have much of an impact on the voters. Faulk, I believe, doesn’t have the reputation of being a one-way player and that’s the important thing.

With that being said, Faulk will have to do something really statistically impressive, like maintaining his GPG pace over a full season and thus finish with 30+ goals, to get serious consideration for the Norris.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Norris contenders dont repeatedly have turnovers like the one that kopitar buried in our net. His shot has become a weapon no doubt, but he would have to be up a few notches in his own end to be a Norris guy. He deserves recognition for the point shot, no doubt.

Erik Karlsson won the Norris 2012 & 2015. He had 84 turnovers in 2012 & he had 99 turnovers last season in his Norris winning years.

Justin Faulk only has 14 turnovers in 20 games this year, which is less per game than Norris winning Karlsson. So technically your statement is wrong ;) But yeah Faulk still has a lot to grow in his defensive game to start getting the Norris contention outside of turnovers.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Post-game quote:

"We're a quarter of the way through the season. I like our group and I like the way we're going," Peters said.

Uh-oh.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Grats to Brett Pesce for his very 1st NHL goal today. It's nice to have one of our boys score their first instead of other teams guys scoring their first on Cam Ward for a change.

I'm glad this team learned the value of insurance today. Maybe hopefully they can start pulling a couple of winning streaks out of their ass. This franchise is due for some.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Faulk is playing well on the PP. But there is not way a guy who allows over 3 goals per 60 minutes adjusted is going to win the Norris.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Erik Karlsson won the Norris 2012 & 2015. He had 84 turnovers in 2012 & he had 99 turnovers last season in his Norris winning years.

Justin Faulk only has 14 turnovers in 20 games this year, which is less per game than Norris winning Karlsson. So technically your statement is wrong ;) But yeah Faulk still has a lot to grow in his defensive game to start getting the Norris contention outside of turnovers.

Ok, so now we're comparing him to Karlsson?!?

Dec 30, 2013
Ok, so now we're comparing him to Karlsson?!?

Are you implying that Karlsson isn't a Norris Contender?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Are you implying that Karlsson isn't a Norris Contender?

Faulk is not Karlsson. In no terms. Karlsson's turnovers are a small part of what the guy brings in terms of controlling the overall play, on top of the huge points he puts up in the years he had when he won the Norris. I think you know that, and I think you knew that when I posted my first comment so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Last edited:

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
bleedgreen has always hated faulk. his insistence that faulk is not as good as 2 time Norris Trophy recipient Erik Karlsson is just further proof of his hatred. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad