GDT: Canes vs Kings

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Slavin definitely looked the shakiest out there, but that's understandable. Not only is it only his 2nd game, but he was on his off side. There were a few times where he held onto the puck you could tell he realized how fast guys close on you in the NHL. Overall, he's getting good experience here.

Pesce, I keep waiting for the bottom to drop out. There was a play in the 3rd where he was battling with Kopitar along the boards and another King came in, and Pesce came out with the puck, got it to the Canes forward and they got it out of the zone. I hate to get on too big of a hype train on this guy, but every game he impresses me more and more.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I like what I’ve seen from Hanifin in recent games. He now looks more comfortable and more assertive offensively. Doughty is probably not the best stylistic comparable, as Hanifin is not as flashy or as physical, but #5 looked like #8 rushing the puck up the ice on a couple different occasions this afternoon.

Faulk now has 8 in 20. He'll slow down from the current ~33 goal pace, but I think he has a legit shot at 20+ with this start to the season.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
So Faulk is a top Norris contender at this point right?

(only sorta kidding)

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
So Faulk is a top Norris contender at this point right?

(only sorta kidding)

I fully realize that +/- is a terrible and terribly misleading stat, but voters, who don't see much of Faulk, probably put more weight on it that others do and Faulk has a -12 and is 2nd worse on the team. Unless that changes, I don't think he'll be a serious candidate.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
We have earned points in 5 out of the past 7 games. That's not terrible. Especially considering a lot of the scoring of late has been from outside of the Skinner and Staals.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Pesce, I keep waiting for the bottom to drop out. There was a play in the 3rd where he was battling with Kopitar along the boards and another King came in, and Pesce came out with the puck, got it to the Canes forward and they got it out of the zone. I hate to get on too big of a hype train on this guy, but every game he impresses me more and more.

i recall that.

he handled kopi, too, never looked as if he was in trouble at all.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
We have earned points in 5 out of the past 7 games. That's not terrible. Especially considering a lot of the scoring of late has been from outside of the Skinner and Staals.

I guess that's one way of looking at it. But other than this game against LA, the Canes have squandered opportunities against some of the worst teams (record wise) in the NHL, AT HOME. They have 3 more games against lesser teams (Philly, EDM, Buffalo) and then it's a stretch against a lot of tough teams (NYR, MTL, PHX, DAL).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad