GDT: Canes visiting in LA vs Kings

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I can’t blame McGinn. He’s the only guy making plays tonight.

We’ve got zero goals. You can’t win a lot of games that way.

We get it Tripp, it was Brocks guy.

And you know, he looks so upset with himself on the bench, and he's gonna feel like this game was his fault.

It wasn't his fault. The Canes gameplan is: play literally a perfect defensive game, put a billion bad shots on goal, and hope one of them goes in. Just like it was under Peters.

The best hope we had tonight was stealing a point with a 0-0 tie in regulation. That's pathetic. It's just pathetic.

Sigh. This f***ing team.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Quicks first win of the season.

The Carolina Hurricanes, the cure to all that ails you.

As Tripp just noted.....blow a 5 on 3 in this game late and you deserve to lose.

Hilarious that Williams is out there. Svech benched for Williams on a 5v3. The one time where you can’t use “protecting him from tough minutes” as an excuse for not giving him ice time.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
As Tripp just noted.....blow a 5 on 3 in this game late and you deserve to lose.
A lot of it has to do with Brindy's obsession with putting garbage cans on skates in Williams and Staal in prominent roles on the PP.

Dude is a f***ing moron who is in love with veterans and playing dinosaur hockey. I am through with him already.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I mean, you can't watch that game and not think, okay, time to call up a checker or two. This is ridiculous. They can't score for ****.
It’s going to be interesting to watch Rod figure this out. He’s ridiculously loyal to his guys, especially those who try hard. He needs to sit someone to bring one of those guys up.

I’m holding my breath.

Crazydounut

Oct 10, 2017
Charlotte, NC
And you know, he looks so upset with himself on the bench, and he's gonna feel like this game was his fault.

It wasn't his fault. The Canes gameplan is: play literally a perfect defensive game, put a billion bad shots on goal, and hope one of them goes in. Just like it was under Peters.

The best hope we had tonight was stealing a point with a 0-0 tie in regulation. That's pathetic. It's just pathetic.

Sigh. This ****ing team.
This is exactly why a AHL coach that coaches an open, fasted paced game should be our HC. *Cough* Velucci *Cough*

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Hilarious that Williams is out there. Svech benched for Williams on a 5v3. The one time where you can’t use “protecting him from tough minutes” as an excuse for not giving him ice time.

Rod does get the boys to play pretty hard. But man he’d have this team winning more games if he just used a little bit of common sense. He’s overthinking as a coach with moves like stated above.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
A lot of it has to do with Brindy's obsession with putting garbage cans on skates in Williams and Staal in prominent roles on the PP.

Dude is a ****ing moron who is in love with veterans and playing dinosaur hockey. I am through with him already.

The Pp got Aho 2 empty net one timers, and he flubbed one and flat out whiffed on the 2nd. Those were easy goals. We’re talking Wallmark could’ve finished those chances easy.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Dude is a ****ing moron who is in love with veterans and playing dinosaur hockey. I am through with him already.

Said it last game. Will always love Rod the player. Rod the coach should have been canned with Muller. But because nepotism runs deep in the blood of this franchise, he gets to stay and eventually promoted, all the while not showing any proof he deserves to even be an assistant.

Best thing we can hope for is he resigns at seasons end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad