GDT: Canes @ Sabres 7pm: Round 2

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Why is everyone being so negative? Buffalo isn't a great team. Their defense is almost as bad as ours and they currently only have one line that can score. I consider it a plus that Sham Ward probably won't be in net tonight :sarcasm:.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't consider it being negative, I consider it being realistic. Based on the first 3 games, Carolina has had it's own share of issues. On top of that, Ryan Miller is 2-0 with a 1.51 GAA and a .953 save % this year. I watched him 1 of those games and he was outstanding. I also think Buffalo can be a lot more physical than they were last night and they probably have a chip on their shoulder.

For me, the Canes have to put together a few good games before I'll feel confident about them winning on the road like this.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
so one good night is now a "pattern"?

Oh, absolutely. And not just a normal pattern, but one that should probably be noted to have strict statistical underpinnings. I didn't even take the time to dive into EStaal's adjusted stats to lay out my case, just assumed long-time Hurricanes board readers would see where I was headed with that.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Yall getting snow too? I ****ing love it :laugh:

Snow's awesome, seriously. It's the other crap that we typically get that is absolutely miserable. I'm honestly having to plot which route home is the safest for me based on the probable road conditions (they don't know how to do **** in Durham county) and likelihood of avoiding idiots on the road.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Snow's awesome, seriously. It's the other crap that we typically get that is absolutely miserable. I'm honestly having to plot which route home is the safest for me based on the probable road conditions (they don't know how to do **** in Durham county) and likelihood of avoiding idiots on the road.

Wife's commute home from downtown Raleigh at noon was ridiculous. :amazed: Good luck, Dave.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009

Here in SoVA everyone I know is having accidents from the sudden fall. I went from :D to :( in about two hours.

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
Have to watch this one with a Sabres fan, sadly. Hopefully no nacho cheese incidents ensue. Which reminds me of a quote from Drew Doughty after last night's game in Edmonton: “I got some nacho cheese on my shoulder.”

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
J. Staal is jealous of E. Staal.

E. Staal is jealous of Skinner.

Skinner is jealous of Semin.

Semin is jealous of Ovechkin (interestingly enough, reading the Caps board, a number of people seem to think that AO is upset that the Caps let Semin walk. And then replaced him with a worse version of himself in Mike Ribiero).

Accordingly, expect Jordan to have a big game. He'll need to one up Eric, and will score 4 goals.

We lose 7-4.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Here in SoVA everyone I know is having accidents from the sudden fall. I went from :D to :( in about two hours.

Yeah I'm not overly surprised, some areas of SoVa get about what we do, just with more snow while we occasionally duck it entirely.

Knew I should have packed a bag to bring with me to work today just in case the worst happened... and like an idiot I didn't. Will be doing so for tomorrow just in case the roads are still a mess in the evening. Should get up into the low 40s but that's not really ensuring that stuff won't freeze back over again like what happened a few years back when the Blackhawks were here in town.

And I still nearly went to that one if it wasn't for the fact that people called out through the rest of the weekend. Sucks being the guy on call when you're the only one that can handle this ****.

bb99

Apr 6, 2009
North Carolina
This time Jason Pomenivlle falls thru the ice and Thomas Vanek tries to save him. They both drown. We still lose 9-2.5 thanks to Tim Gleason spilling half his beer before the 3rd period and getting stuck in the line for a fresh one.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
This time Jason Pomenivlle falls thru the ice and Thomas Vanek tries to save him. They both drown. We still lose 9-2.5 thanks to Tim Gleason spilling half his beer before the 3rd period and getting stuck in the line for a fresh one.

He should just use meth like the rest of us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad