GDT: Canes @ Sabres 7pm: Round 2

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
.929 .938

.924 .926

.923 .920

If you're a knowledgeable hockey fan (really means Canadian) You would know why I would have those numbers up there and how it relates to tonight's game

Hint: The first set of numbers belongs to the Canes starting goalie tonight

Hint: The second set belongs to an ugly American (the real reason true hockey fans hate him)

Hint: The third set belongs to the worst Stanley cup winning goaltender of all time.

Have fun with that brain teaser, slug fans. No, it's not Ed Belfour.

Go Canes!!!

ps: I apologize for the ****** GDT, I'm about as sick as any fan would be if they watched Buffalo sports playoff highlights on a continuous loop. I think I need to go vomit just thinking about it.

Last edited:

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
Assuming that tonights game will follow the pattern Canes will give up 2 goals.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Let's see, since the Canes have raised the hopes of their fanbase just slightly because of last night's game, they'll be sure to crush them tonight. 6-0 blasting. Give up a goal in the first 5 minutes, get routinely scored on throughout the rest of the game. And physically dominated as well.

I also imagine the top 2 lines are going to be dead tired by the 2nd period. Seemed like the entire 3rd period, it was just alternating between the first two lines.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
Grigorenko didn't score last night so he should be netting his first tonight. The next possible date for his first career goal would be March 5th.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Grigorenko didn't score last night so he should be netting his first tonight. The next possible date for his first career goal would be March 5th.

You know that you can believe Sabres fans on the board about how cold their 2-4 lines have been on the offensive end when they're proven right by someone not picking up a first goal last night.

On the season:

Pominville - 3G
Hodgson - 3
Vanek - 2
Ott - 1
Myers - 1

Last night:

Pominville - 2G
Hodgson - 1

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
^ I'm more interested in the fact that almost all of them are predicting a 3 or 4 goal win tonight, 24 hours after losing to us.

In fairness, last night they had a back-up goalie and the Canes had their starter and tonight it is reverse. Also, they are at home tonight.

I'm a bit concerned myself that the Canes have a bit of a let-down and take it on the chin tonight.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
In fairness, last night they had a back-up goalie and the Canes had their starter and tonight it is reverse. Also, they are at home tonight.

I'm a bit concerned myself that the Canes have a bit of a let-down and take it on the chin tonight.

Sabres are going to come out physical I would guess, so the Canes will need to weather the first period storm in this one. They can, but if they even want a point they prettymuch HAVE to.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
I can see a let down on this one. As much as Carolina wanted that win last night, Buffalo is going to want this one. They will come out hitting from the get go to set the tempo. The boys need to be ready and buckle down. Weather that storm for the first 10 minutes, and they may have a chance.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
To the OP, what's the .924 from, assuming the ugly American is actually the most hideous American?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
To the OP, what's the .924 from, assuming the ugly American is actually the most hideous American?

Clearly it's this guy

leonard_bio-image.jpg

he is, after all, an Ugly American

seriously though, I'm as lost as anyone on this one unfortunately

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I can see a let down on this one. As much as Carolina wanted that win last night, Buffalo is going to want this one. They will come out hitting from the get go to set the tempo. The boys need to be ready and buckle down. Weather that storm for the first 10 minutes, and they may have a chance.

I agree on this one, but the biggest surprise with last year's team was our ability to go 4-0 against a Bruins team that followed this order after a big win against them to open that series.

Not saying that we won't have the let down we're secretly (or not so secretly) dreading, but we actually seemed to handle that style of play pretty well last season. As long as we're not treated to Ellis completely ******** the bed it might produce more fireworks.

Could be interesting to see what happens if the officials should get whistle happy tonight with this Canes PP unit and what has been a Buffalo team carried almost exclusively by the HPV line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad