Oh no, just as I post

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Bean-Fox third pair. In the NHL.

Is this an endorsement?

See below....

Michael Fora slides face first to block a shot. I like that commitment in what amounts to an All Star game.

Adam Fox has made two heady plays resulting in goals. Comes as advertised. Sees the play developing well.

Jesus, that Fox-Bean pairing is just flat out cheat mode.

It was even more impressive live. Fox clearly thinks the game well...it looks like he's being deliberate, but I'd say he's slowing the game down. The unclear thing is because the game was 4 on 4 he had more time and space. Still, his set ups were amazing and he always seemed to know how to get the effective pass through.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
His name is Kooch now, and you have no say in it. Sorry. :)

We were right on the white goal line. (The didn't change between periods.) He was parterned with Helvig. Two 15m periods, first 4v4, second 3v3, and then the shootout. Helvig would start the periods and then Kooch would come in around Midway through.

He flat outplayed Helvig, I thought, but no one was particularly great.

Svech only tried the fancy shootout shot because Eliot actually scored with that shot during the game. I don't know how good Eliot actually is, but he's got cojones to try that shot in a game.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Fox/Bean looked legit. Easily the 2 best players on the ice. I thought Necas looked good, and honestly he looks (to me) as big or bigger than Svech. Svech has some wheels, but I didn't get the feeling he was giving 100%. Necas was closer to full throttle. Zimmer stood out to me as well . He's fast and has a good shot. Know next to nothing about him, just seemed to catch my eye more than others.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Fox/Bean looked legit. Easily the 2 best players on the ice. I thought Necas looked good, and honestly he looks (to me) as big or bigger than Svech. Svech has some wheels, but I didn't get the feeling he was giving 100%. Necas was closer to full throttle.

I think part of that is this game coming at the end of a long and grueling camp for guys that have had a month+ off. I think another part specifically related to Svechnikov is that they told the guys to keep it safe and put on a show for the fans. There wasn’t a hit or bull rush in the game. Neuters the power forwards a bit.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Fox/Bean looked legit. Easily the 2 best players on the ice. I thought Necas looked good, and honestly he looks (to me) as big or bigger than Svech. Svech has some wheels, but I didn't get the feeling he was giving 100%. Necas was closer to full throttle. Zimmer stood out to me as well . He's fast and has a good shot. Know next to nothing about him, just seemed to catch my eye more than others.
He didn't get a lot of playing time last year on a mediocre Wisconsin team. Hoping he gets a lot more ice time next year because he does have some skill.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I think part of that is this game coming at the end of a long and grueling camp for guys that have had a month+ off. I think another part specifically related to Svechnikov is that they told the guys to keep it safe and put on a show for the fans. There wasn’t a hit or bull rush in the game. Neuters the power forwards a bit.

I'm sure he was taking it easy, as if he was in 3rd gear the whole game, but you could tell when he turns it up, he'll be surprising defenders in the NHL. I noticed a few fancy moves he made with the puck to buy time and space. He does things subtly at times that are easily missed, but then he's suddenly wide open or able to get a pass off to teammate in a better offensive position. His speed and power are the most noticeable parts to his game, but it's quite evident he has plenty of tools in his toolkit.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I wonder if Svech will play in the Traverse City tourney, or if he's too big time for that.

As a Bean proponent from the beginning, I'm glad to see that he's doing well, and that the cries of we're too stacked on the left has worked itself out. I do hope he starts the year in Charlotte, though anyone is capable of forcing the issue I suppose.

Mike1167

Jun 25, 2018
Erie, Pennsylvania

We were right on the white goal line. (The didn't change between periods.) He was parterned with Helvig. Two 15m periods, first 4v4, second 3v3, and then the shootout. Helvig would start the periods and then Kooch would come in around Midway through.

Svech only tried the fancy shootout shot because Eliot actually scored with that shot during the game. I don't know how good Eliot actually is, but he's got cojones to try that shot in a game.

"Kooch"...I like it. A name the crowd can chant after he makes a big save...KOOOOOOOCH.

It's actually pronounced Koo-HAR-skee, but Kooch-AR-skee works better!!!

Last edited:

Mike1167

Jun 25, 2018
Erie, Pennsylvania

"Kooch"...I like it. A name the crowd can chant after he makes a big save...KOOOOOOOCH.

It's actually pronounced Koo-HAR-skee, but Kooch-AR-skee works better!!!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad