GDT: CANES @ PREDS

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I think in 16/17, all of Matthews (82GP), Marner(77GP), Nylander(81GP), Brown(82GP), Zaitsev(82GP), Hyman(82GP), Soshnikov (56 GP), Carrick (67 GP) were technically rookies and the team made the playoffs.

Technical rookie sounds like a technical virgin. You maybe have a claim for the title but oh dontcha already got a track record of gripping the stick.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Okay so not as rare as I thought. Hope these baby Canes can take us to the promise land.

350.png

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I don't think it's out of the question that someone up top has told svechnikov "don't go getting hurt". An injury would be the only thing keeping him off the roster and they are clearly putting a lot of eggs in his basket. They don't want them getting scrambled in a game that doesn't count for anything

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Clearly that is a possibility, though I'd argue one that is very unlikely. The question is whether that (unlikely?) advice causes him to play a game that is vastly different than what we'll see in the regular season. My argument is that moves past "unlikely" and ventures into the territory of the incredible.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Just watched highlights again, and I am glad team did what I asked them to do, got between 4-6 goals, and they delivered!

Darling looked good and as much as I understand from you guys, our team looked good, I am excited but I will wait until end of October to be really excited, I have been burn way too many times!

Last edited:

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Brind'amour said in some interview when he first was named head coach that there's too much focus on systems in the league today or something to that effect. I wonder if what he really meant was "there was too much focus on system under bill peters". Seems like he is much more a disciple of the laviolette school of motivating, not programming. The only Vegas games I watched last year were in the playoffs, and I didn't see them as having some infallible or brilliant system- they just played hard for each other. I guess we will see if brind'amour is oversimplifying or how far that can really take them

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
That's a little revisionist. They have some good players, but nobody was looking at their lineup prior to the season and going "this is a playoff team" much less that they were stacked.

An expansion team that could select unprotected players from every team in the NHL and they were the only ones doing it that year. I cannot agree with your statement.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
IIRC there's one just like it in Boston
Hey guys was just perusing your thread and saw this. Lived in the Boston area my whole life.

The overpass in Boston is on Storrow Drive, which is kind of the main way to get into the city from the suburbs to the west. I'm a school teacher and we know that whenever we have a field trip to Symphony Hall or the science museum that we aren't allowed on that route because of the low bridge.

However, most newcomers don't expect it, which may not be a problem EXCEPT-

this is also the main route to get to Northeastern and BU, so in late August early September (and sometimes in June when leases to apartments change) there are always incoming moving trucks that don't know about the bridge and someone always clips or gets wedged in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00