Confirmed with Link: Canes officially match l'offre hostile from MTL for Aho

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yeah he did. He signed a contract with them. He likes playing for us too.

IF he was told, as it's claimed by Carolina they match any offer he receives signing this one doesn't necessary mean he wanted to play elsewhere.

By the rumours he was never asking crazy money and just signed a contract he felt was fair and got it over with. Getting into Nylander situation can't be fun.

This feels similar to Pasta deal.

(but I still say, with all the best for Carolina moving forward this shouldn't have had to com to this).

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
It would be so fitting and like this .org to be like well damn we had all intentions to matching but the paperwork got lost. Something stupid like that.
Ya know, I can understand taking a “what can go wrong will go wrong” mentality and wanting to be cautious with the fragile gem, but what are you going about, here? This organization has a history of botching administrative tasks...?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
They are not taking things well on the trade board right now

Ya hate to see it

They were so certain too

tenor.gif

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
IF he was told, as it's claimed by Carolina they match any offer he receives signing this one doesn't necessary mean he wanted to play elsewhere.

By the rumours he was never asking crazy money and just signed a contract he felt was fair and got it over with. Getting into Nylander situation can't be fun.

This feels similar to Pasta deal.

(but I still say, with all the best for Carolina moving forward this shouldn't have had to com to this).

I feel like this is about the 5 millionth time it's been said, but the disagreement during negotiations was never about the amount of money, but the amount of years.

Sebastian saw Matthews get that 5 year term and wanted the same. He's smart enough to know in 5 years that he'll be worth a hell of a lot more than 8.5 million.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Did people really think we wouldnt match?!?!?

After the press conference they had a day or two afterwards, it'd have been REALLY surprising. I was just more worried about something going wrong with the process that would have caused us to miss the deadline.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Coming in peace,

We've been waiting a very long time to get a player like this, and the closest we've come is an offer sheet.

Great player, great contract, very jealous. Nice to read some different perspectives from you guys.

All in good fun. See you "bunch of jerks" at the rink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad