Beardy*

Staal'd

Good Cam Ward showed up

And Toronto fans go home booing

Yes, this was a good night.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Am I the only one who really kind of likes Dwyer on that second line? Good speed, very responsible defensively to make up for Skinner a bit, has a decent shot and works hard. He doesnt have to score 30 goals, but if he can get 15 (in a normal season) and play solid responsible D that would be perfect.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Kudos to Ward. I know he had said "watch out" for the next time he gets in the game, but based on his play up to this point I couldn't bring myself to believe him. He played a hell of a game.

IF we play a team game like this everyday, we're going to win a LOT of games this year. Unfortunately I bet this is our ceiling.

Reactions: MinJaBen

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
120807_papa_johns_pizza_john_schnatter_comp_ap-reuters_328.jpg

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
That's how this team should be winning games. Cam being back in top form helps a lot, our D not looking like headless chickens is a positive sign, and our forwards seem to be figuring each other out.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Am I the only one who really kind of likes Dwyer on that second line? Good speed, very responsible defensively to make up for Skinner a bit, has a decent shot and works hard. He doesnt have to score 30 goals, but if he can get 15 (in a normal season) and play solid responsible D that would be perfect.

No. I think Dwyer earned a chance to play there honestly. And I'll even say that he probably should have had the chance earlier.

You've gotta hand it to the guy. He skates hard, doesn't make stupid mistakes very often, handles the puck fairly well, and makes the most of any chances he gets.

I really thought he brought a little spring to that line tonight.

Beardy*

Kudos to Ward. I know he had said "watch out" for the next time he gets in the game, but based on his play up to this point I couldn't bring myself to believe him. He played a hell of a game.

IF we play a team game like this everyday, we're going to win a LOT of games this year. Unfortunately I bet this is our ceiling.

Whats unfortunate about that? We just played the kind of game that great teams are supposed to play. If we can get off this 'play like crap every other game' kick, we could make a lot of noise in the East this year.

This is not a bad ceiling to have. Just need to be more consistent going forward.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut

The team defense has shown it can be a bit better.. Ward was close to his best tonight.. if he can be consistent and the D is a little better, they should be fine.

A playoff team should be expected with the above play. Not a cup contender but playoffs.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
That's how this team should be winning games. Cam being back in top form helps a lot, our D not looking like headless chickens is a positive sign, and our forwards seem to be figuring each other out.

Exactly. The team plays like this night in and night out, they make the playoffs

bb99

Apr 6, 2009
North Carolina
I'm a fan of Dwyer. Glad to see the coach give him a shot in top 6. He did this a few seasons ago and then went stale. Lets hope he keeps his head up and takes advantage of this!

Beardy*

A playoff team should be expected with the above play. Not a cup contender but playoffs.

I dunno about that... We get Good Cam Ward on a consistent basis, and who knows how far they can go.

Good Cam Ward makes up for A LOT of crappy defensive play.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Whoa:

Michael Smith @MSmithCanes
#Canes Justin Faulk logged a career-high 29:04 of ice time, including 8:35 on special teams.

Double whoa:

Michael Smith @MSmithCanes
Cam Ward with a 41-save performance in the #Canes 4-1 win. He made 19 saves in the final period.

For the love of God everyone, stay healthy please.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
17 pages of chatting for the game tonight....I like the enthusiasm from everyone!

BTW....anyone happen to notice the habs-canes proposal on the trade rumors page? Cole and 2nd for Faulk and a 1st...thats just brutal.

Beardy*

17 pages of chatting for the game tonight....I like the enthusiasm from everyone!

BTW....anyone happen to notice the habs-canes proposal on the trade rumors page? Cole and 2nd for Faulk and a 1st...thats just brutal.
Habs fans are... how shall I put this lightly.... SLIGHTLY delusional

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad