GDT: Canes @ Leafs

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I had something in mind about Jeff O'Neill appreciation night or something, but scratch that since I marked down the wrong Leafs' game that I was in charge of creating the GDT for. Oh well.

Michael Smith says the lines are as follows:

Tlusty // Eric // Semin
Skinner // Jordan // Dwyer
Bowman // Jokinen // LaRose
Wallace // Brent // Westgarth

Pitkanen // McBain
Faulk // Gleason
Harrison // Sanguinetti

Ward
Ellis

I don't think it's been confirmed that Ward is starting, but I doubt it needs to be. No way Ellis goes back in there. Somewhat surprised that Sanguinetti is going back out there instead of Corvo especially with guys like Dalpe and Boychuk getting shorter leashes.

Sorry for the lame GDT. I'm also fairly exhausted.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I wonder which will happen first: Westgarth actually has a fight in a Hurricanes uniform, or Tim Gleason racks up 30 penalty minutes? (Gleason's at 24 right now.)

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
This is gonna jinx the game, I don't like predicting wins, but this is the worst goalie we've played since the first two games which I'm calling mulligans.

I think if the PP ever wakes up, it's this game.

I think if Semin finally gets that wrister working, it's this game.

I think if JStaal ever scores a goal, it's this game.

This has the feel of a 5 or 6 goal game for us, I'll go ahead and say a 5-2 win.

Canes goals:

J. Staal (2), Semin, Wallace, Faulk (Eric keep the point streak going with assists)

Toronto goals:

Frattin, Kadri

Having said that, 5-1 loss.

Reactions: MinJaBen

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
This is gonna jinx the game, I don't like predicting wins, but this is the worst goalie we've played since the first two games which I'm calling mulligans.

I think if the PP ever wakes up, it's this game.

I think if Semin finally gets that wrister working, it's this game.

I think if JStaal ever scores a goal, it's this game.

This has the feel of a 5 or 6 goal game for us, I'll go ahead and say a 5-2 win.

Canes goals:

J. Staal (2), Semin, Wallace, Faulk (Eric keep the point streak going with assists)

Toronto goals:

Frattin, Kadri

Having said that, 5-1 loss.

No, no, no. You just guaranteed a 6-1 loss there, pal.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
After writing two articles and part of a third today, I think I've used up all my creative juices. Maybe a simplified GDT is just what the doctor ordered for the start of a win streak.

I wonder how disappointed Jiri Tlusty is to be interviewed by Tripp instead of Chantel. He's been, uh, fairly candid on Twitter about things. They seem deleted now though.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Sounds like Muller is pleased with Bowman's development and wants to increase his role, just slowly. Talked a lot about the fundamentals like skating and defensive responsibility, so that probably explains why Dalpe and Boychuk got shorter leashes.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Sounds like Muller is pleased with Bowman's development and wants to increase his role, just slowly. Talked a lot about the fundamentals like skating and defensive responsibility, so that probably explains why Dalpe and Boychuk got shorter leashes.

Nice. Could be cool to eventually see him slide up to the 2nd line with JStaal and Skinner if he continues to impress.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Is Reimer in net for them or Scrivens? if it's Reimer, I believe only Anderson has a better save % than Reimer out of all the goalies the Canes faced this year.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Is Reimer in net for them or Scrivens? if it's Reimer, I believe only Anderson has a better save % than Reimer out of all the goalies the Canes faced this year.

It's Reimer, according to everything I've seen. Nobody but Anderson higher than Reimer in save percentage (with Bryzgalov one spot lower), only Anderson and Bryzgalov above him in GAA.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Meh, I'm not sold on Reimer. I'm sure he'll prove me wrong because I've been wrong about everything I've said about hockey this season so far, but I've just never thought too highly of the kid. Nice numbers so far but obviously it's early...

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I picked Bowman for the Twitter promotion thing.

I do think somebody will score their first.

I'd certainly hope so. Not enough players have scored goals for this team through seven games. Especially if four different defensemen have scored goals, but only four forwards.

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
Scouts listed for CAR/TOR game from: ANA, BOS, COL, DAL, DET, EDM (2), FLA, MIN, MTL (2), NAS, NYR, OTT, PIT (2), SJ, STL, TB (2), WPG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad