Confirmed with Link: Canes hire Gleason as new Assistant/Defense coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I can picture Gleason on the first day of training camp, pulling up your video and showing it to the defensemen.

"Any man here who isn't willing to take an Ovechkin shot to the face, get stitched up, and come back into the game needs to leave now and pack up your gear. You're cut."

I would have fallen in love the instant I had seen that back in the day.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
This is an interesting choice. I really can't make up my mind on it.

I liked him as a player, mainly because he played a style that was, well, going out of style. He was good at it until the game got too fast for him. I wonder if his vision as a coach will fit that mold or if he'll run the quicker, more fluid style we see today.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Gleason is one of my favorite all time Canes player. He was just 10 years too late with his style of play.

I think he was fine with his style of play, he just couldn’t skate anymore. He actually had some decent speed/agility before he played that whole damn season with a broken foot like the lunatic that he is.

It’s hilarious this team now has two coaches that kick every single player on the teams ass if they really wanted to. Not a great endorsement for team toughness, but still funny.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I would have fallen in love the instant I had seen that back in the day.

Gleason was the embodiment and avatar of Vengeance for our team his whole time here.

I just found a random fight on youtube, but check this out. Ott decided that he was going to try and send a message by running our guys, and got absolutely ragdolled by Gleason for his trouble.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Gleason was the embodiment and avatar of Vengeance for our team his whole time here.

I just found a random fight on youtube, but check this out. Ott decided that he was going to try and send a message by running our guys, and got absolutely ragdolled by Gleason for his trouble.

Wasn't there wayyy more to those two than that?

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I can picture Gleason on the first day of training camp, pulling up your video and showing it to the defensemen.

"Any man here who isn't willing to take an Ovechkin shot to the face, get stitched up, and come back into the game needs to leave now and pack up your gear. You're cut."

Probably had more grit, heart and soul than any other D man to play for the org since... Yeah IDK. I still have my Timmy G bobblehead from a game years ago. Its in my shop on the shelf.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I love Chad LaRose
Chad LaRose is my boy. He's the poster child for the 'size of the fight in the dog'. Dude didn't back down from anybody.

Carolina600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad