Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
were-putting-the-band-back-together-were-getting-back-together.gif

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I called this the second Chynoweth bailed.
It seemed somewhat obvious but I do wonder if and how many other guys they interviewed. I think it was Brindy and/or Waddell that mentioned there would be a lot of interest. Obviously, Gleason would likely come somewhat cheap and has some real familiarity with the organization.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
yessssssssss

I can picture Gleason on the first day of training camp, pulling up your video and showing it to the defensemen.

"Any man here who isn't willing to take an Ovechkin shot to the face, get stitched up, and come back into the game needs to leave now and pack up your gear. You're cut."

Last edited:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I can pictureGleason on the first day of training camp, pulling up your video and showing it to the defensemen.

"Any man here who isn't willing to take an Ovechkin shot to the face, get stitched up, and come back into the game needs to leave now and pack up your gear. You're cut."

Step one: get all these dudes in cages. Yikes.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I think in 20 years or so, people will look back and say "wow! I can't believe they used to let them play without a full cage!"

Much like we do now with helmets/goalie masks.

I swear to you, I couldn't play without a cage. I suck, so "obstruction of vision" isn't a relevant thing for me anyway, but is it really that big a deal? Didn't all these guys play with cages as kids, and even in college? Is it a machismo thing? I totally don't understand it.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I can pictureGleason on the first day of training camp, pulling up your video and showing it to the defensemen.

Svech took an Ovi fist to the face, does that count?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad