Pre-Game Talk: Canes @ Habs 7:30 PM 2/18.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
XujHL.gif

WWAD

Aug 20, 2009
I was wondering what happened to my shipment of meth. Ice whores don't dance for free, you know.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I have a burning desire to do something Trolly on the main board about this recent nonsense.

But I also have a burning desire to not get yelled at.

Gonna have my work cut out for me :laugh:

FWIW, this thread has been up for almost 24 hours and the Habs thread has nothing mentioning this game yet.

Our fans suck :D

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I have a burning desire to do something Trolly on the main board about this recent nonsense.

But I also have a burning desire to not get yelled at.

Gonna have my work cut out for me :laugh:

FWIW, this thread has been up for almost 24 hours and the Habs thread has nothing mentioning this game yet.

Our fans suck :D

It's clearly because we're all a bunch of ignorant rednecks who have no clue where Montreal is. It just sounds far away, so with those time zone things and what not it was probably game day there yesterday.

Or maybe we were just all so hopped up on meth that we didn't know what day it was.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
It's clearly because we're all a bunch of ignorant rednecks who have no clue where Montreal is. It just sounds far away, so with those time zone things and what not it was probably game day there yesterday.

Or maybe we were just all so hopped up on meth that we didn't know what day it was.

Exactly, what else do you expect from fans of such a garbage franchise that has ice sluts to entertain said fans?

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
My Minny high school had ice sluts to go along with state titles. My alma mater (UND) had ice sluts cheering us on to national titles. The North Stars DIDN'T have ices sluts and look where it got them....packing their bags andd a move to Dallas where they're going strong with 2 cadres of ice sluts. Who are these pseudo-"traditionalists" who say ice sluts don't belong in hockey? They know nothing!

JustJoe2k5

Jun 5, 2006
Sorry if this is off-topic.

Canadiens won their third straight game last night, this time without Carey Price who was out with the flu. I would assume he will be back in time for Monday's game. This will be a nice opportunity for the Hurricanes to make another statement. They took care of the Maple Leafs, they took care of the Devils, now let's see if they can take care of the Canadiens.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Sorry if this is off-topic.

Canadiens won their third straight game last night, this time without Carey Price who was out with the flu. I would assume he will be back in time for Monday's game. This will be a nice opportunity for the Hurricanes to make another statement. They took care of the Maple Leafs, they took care of the Devils, now let's see if they can take care of the Canadiens.

I got to watch a little bit of the game, and what a strange game it was. Not taking anything away from either team but it felt a bit like watching a bunch of replacement players.

Philly looked positively anemic in almost every aspect of the game. 19 shots on goal? Pretty easy night for Budaj. Boucher got the start, which also looked and sounded strange.

Montreal is about ready to kick of a stretch of six games in 11 days, and it'd sure be fun to break their current win streak. Gallagher and Pacioretty both left the game with "upper-body injuries."

And man do I hope Kaberle plays. I'd love to watch him get torched by our captain again.

haberle-fail.gif

Edit: I totally lol'd at JustJoe's "Sorry if this is off-topic," in a thread awash with discussion of our pole dancers on ice. Well done, sir.

Last edited:

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Skinner wasn't at practice this morning. Don't know if he's just taking some sort of maintenance day or what, but they did a little line juggling as well, with Nodl in on Skinner's line. Didn't hear about anything being up with him, so it might just be an extra day off ice for him.

@MSmithCanes
Jeff Skinner not at practice for the #Canes today. Gleason, Pitkanen missing with lower-body injuries.

@MSmithCanes
LaRose-Brent-Westgarth is the fourth line. Nodl up on the second line in Skinner's absence. First and third lines are the same.

I remember that game. Spacek had a goal and rubbed it in to the Montreal fans :laugh:

Oh yeah, that was when he shushed the crowd with his finger after the goal. When they returned to Raleigh after that game, I saw them practice at RCI and he was demonstrating his goal celebration for the coaches.

Spacek was a hoot, really.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
Skinner wasn't at practice this morning. Don't know if he's just taking some sort of maintenance day or what, but they did a little line juggling as well, with Nodl in on Skinner's line. Didn't hear about anything being up with him, so it might just be an extra day off ice for him.

He took a couple of hits to the head against Toronto but they reported that he was feeling fine after the game. Certainly hope that hasn't changed.

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip

Skinner will not make the trip to Montreal, Muller says. Upper body injury.

no Skinner, Joni, Gleason...

I'll be shocked if we look competitive

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Son of a *****.

Considering Skinner already has a history of concussions, I'm really worried for his future. Obviously he'll be playing again but my point is that if he continues to take beatings like he did in the Toronto game.............

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Mike Maniscalco ‏@mikemaniscalco
#Canes Jeff Skinner has an 'upper body' concern. The problem arose this morning. He will not make the trip to Montreal per Kirk Muller.

make anything of this?

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
post concussion sickness... pretty obvious to me... anything else that came up this morning would probably still allow him to travel... post concussion people are advised against flying

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
When is Skinner going to learn to (1) keep his head up (2) not turn into hits to try to draw calls? Both hits he took were absolutely stupid on his part. What the hell kind of hockey player has a 2-on-1 and decides to stare at the puck for five seconds before getting clocked?

Should have traded him when we had the chance. He has has improved in absolutely no area in over two years. Still diving, whining to the refs, playing garbage defense, turning the puck over trying the same move, completely ignoring his linemates, skating around with his head down.

5.75M/yr for six years. Almost bad as the Ruutu contract. It's going to be sad when Semin walks because we have almost $11M committed to two disabled persons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad