Canes/Devils Rivalry?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Rivalry? not really, it will be like the Pens. division rivals yes, but not a real fierce rivalry like Devs/Rags or Habs/Bruins

nervous? not at all. Canes and Jackets will be fighting for last place. People are giving them way more credit than they should

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Rivalry ??? Definitely

Nervous ??? Nope, beyond excited for this year. Not one team in this league im scared off. Only thing stopping us from making the playoffs is ourselves

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Do you think there is one? Are you guys nervous about having the Canes in your division?
No I'm not nervous. We don't seem to struggle against them in the regular season. They will likely be at the bottom of this division. They couldn't do **** the last 4 years against the corpses in the Southeast division.
**** the former whalers.

Word.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Rivalry? not really, it will be like the Pens. division rivals yes, but not a real fierce rivalry like Devs/Rags or Habs/Bruins

nervous? not at all. Canes and Jackets will be fighting for last place. People are giving them way more credit than they should

Jackets got a nice hard working team and are a team on rise

Don't take them lightly... If it wasn't for Mason getting another chance as #1 early last year (And Failing as expected) they would have been in playoffs

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Jackets got a nice hard working team and are a team on rise

Don't take them lightly... If it wasn't for Mason getting another chance as #1 early last year (And Failing as expected) they would have been in playoffs

they had a historic year from their goalie and still missed. They aren't that great.

Sherseys

Feb 15, 2013
New Jersey
Their games might be a little more heated from playing each other in the same division, but I don't think it'll erupt into an all out rivalry. Just a battle to get the points.

As for being nervous. Nope.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not convinced by the Blue Jackets at all. They went from Steve Mason's absolutely league worst brutal goaltending to Bobrovsky having league best goaltending last year.

I think even if Bobrovsky is still better than average this year, they'll still struggle to make the playoffs. He might have to be as good this year for them to do anything.

I am a little worried about them having Gaborik and Horton (Supposedly out until December) but other than that I'm really not too scared of them.

Not scared of the Flyers either. That's the biggest joke of a goaltending tandem in the league. On a team that already leaves their goalies out to dry, you're definitely not going too far with the worst goalies in the league the last 5-6 years in there.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think most Devils fans don't consider the Canes a huge rival.

What worries me is that I've been told by a friend down there that the Canes fans consider the Devs one of their biggest (if not THE biggest) rivals, so they get up for games against us, but we consider them just some opponent.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
My level of unlike for Eric Staal is one of the highest amongst all of the people in the world.

I consider them our 2nd biggest rival after the NYR. Personally I think the PHI rivalry is quite overblown, but then again I don't live in Jersey.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
I have a feeling we'll be seeing lots of this

ebapedy3.jpg

Also saw this awesome caption by RG :laugh:

fancylad_zpsa389dee7.jpg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wouldn't mind going there to see a game. Been told it's a good atmosphere, and a pretty nice place. The organization seems really corny though. That goal horn sounds like it's running out of air. And that goal song with the Ric Flair woos, and Fred Flintstone yabba dabba do, and other strange clips and noises. What's up with that? Who the hell approves of that? It's pretty damn embarrassing if you ask me.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I wouldn't mind going there to see a game. Been told it's a good atmosphere, and a pretty nice place. The organization seems really corny though. That goal horn sounds like it's running out of air. And that goal song with the Ric Flair woos, and Fred Flintstone yabba dabba do, and other strange clips and noises. What's up with that? Who the hell approves of that? It's pretty damn embarrassing if you ask me.

I'd take the "Yabba Dabba Doo" clip over our stupid ass "You Suck" chant any day.

apice3*

Rivalries that aren't based on nearby location come and go. Our rivalry with NYR and PHI will last as long as we all stay in the same spots. Other rivalries rise and fall with playoff series.

5-10 years ago, we had rivalries with Ottawa and Carolina. Not so much anymore.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

wow, i wasn't sure what you were talking about because i don't watch much canes, and when i do they don't score very often..... but i looked it up, and if for some reason the devils decided this was going to be our new goal song, i would find another team......

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd take the "Yabba Dabba Doo" clip over our stupid ass "You Suck" chant any day.
At least that part isn't actually dubbed into our song though.:laugh:
wow, i wasn't sure what you were talking about because i don't watch much canes, and when i do they don't score very often..... but i looked it up, and if for some reason the devils decided this was going to be our new goal song, i would find another team......

It's BAD! The Panthers can get a little corny at times too. They have that carnival ride PA announcer. Before he announces a Panthers goal he yells PAAANNTHEERS!!

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
It's BAD! The Panthers can get a little corny at times too. They have that carnival ride PA announcer. Before he announces a Panthers goal he yells PAAANNTHEERS!!

wow, well hopefully we don't hear much of that either, speaking of which i am planning on taking a trip down there during the 2 Florida back to backs, i believe i will be an hour south of tampa, how is the trip to either from there/ tickets prices.

not to get too off topic just wanted to ask you quick.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
ric flair is a cokehead.

*disclaimer/claimer* im saying he is which is against HF rules in the libel part, but i dont care. no one is that not coked up to do that **** .....and jeaneurat too.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago

I went there once.. my uncle lives down there...I was 17...got drunk and acted like a complete idiot. It was 2007 the year after they won the cup. I wore a blank red Devils jersey and some Canes fans came up to me and said " who are you ? gonna replace elias tonight ? " Patty was hurt and I believe it was one of Clarksons first games...or Rassmussen...I'm not sure...I was very drunk.

So we won the game...and I was getting chirped by some rednecks...so...in my drunken state...I start running around the concourse chanting " THREE CUPS! * clap clap * THREE CUPS " I thought I was hilarious...looking back I probably would of kicked my own ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad