Post-Game Talk: Canes def. Nucks - 3-2 (Miller x 2)

WHoll win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Huhu

Nov 28, 2021
Eventually the Canucks' poor play will be so expected that opposing teams will start trying to take the night off and still get a win. Carolina is still probably too good to lose to this though, all they have to do is show up for the 3rd period.

Reactions: theguardianII

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Instead of just winning, it would be nice to crush a really good team like 7-1 or something.

It would be nice if the team just showed it wanted to be good and just tried to dominate in every way like I did in 2011 when NHL 12 came out and I played as the Canucks against the Bruins and just tried to metaphorically shit on everyone's chest, win fights against Lucic and cream Thomas after the whistle. I want that out of the team for a change instead of this "just play our game" or "I did my job" or otherwise pouting/moping around feeling sorry for themselves.

Show some f***ing spirit.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Do half of you guys even bleed blue and green anymore? Seriously.

Btw I appreciate everyone here, optimistic or pessimistic. Without everyone’s efforts, this would be a Lonely place (some teams boards aren’t even very active when thier team is-good!)

But yeah, this is a philosophical question. How many of do you still bleed blue and green?

1666629727780.png

These are the true colors.

Can you define what you mean by bleeding the colors of the team?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
As much as I feel for them, this is the wrong mindset to have and I find it quite worrying.

The funny thing is the Canes never really rebuilt either, but they draft and develop so well.

I think they rebuilt. They typically have extra picks in the draft with a lot of extras in the top 3 rounds.

# of draft picks the canes have used to draft actual players for their organization by year:

2014: 7 (extra 4th no 6th)
2015: 9 (no 3rd, extra 4th, 5th and 6th)
2016: 9 (extra 1st, 2 extra 3rds, no 7th)
2017: 8 (extra 2nd, extra 3rd, no 5th)
2018: 6 (no 3rd, extra 4th, no 5th)
2019: 12 (extra 2nd, two extra 3rd, extra 4th extra 6th)
2020: 8 (extra 2nd, extra 7th, no 5th)
2021: 13 picks (no first! Two extra 2nd, extra 3rd…..)
2022: 7 picks (again no first)

It wasn’t until the last 2 years where they started to transition to using the draft capital assets to try to go for it (we’ll one 1st was an I’ll advised offer sheet but still). They do draft and develop well but they also have given themselves many more chances to find talent, which is what rebuilding is all about.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Full quote from Bo and other players as well.

Needless to say, ouch. That's the kind of energy they have in the room right now. Kind of says a lot.

2005-2006 energy. I feel like that's the last time it felt this hopeless watching a Vancouver Canucks team. I'll never forget watching that team in March and April 2006 and knowing that something was terribly wrong and eventually seeing the team get bounced out of the playoffs by either choking multiple leads away or getting blown out. It was telling watching your supposed veterans floating on nights when the Sedins came out to play.

Rumor from one of the former players was that half the team didn't want Bertuzzi back and some of the veteran guys were hazing the younger guys on the team (one player hinted that Jovanovski was one of the guys doing this).

Something stinks about this roster.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Btw I appreciate everyone here, optimistic or pessimistic. Without everyone’s efforts, this would be a Lonely place (some teams boards aren’t even very active when thier team is-good!)

But yeah, this is a philosophical question. How many of do you still bleed blue and green?
I once killed a stink bug that bled blue

Reactions: M2Beezy

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I think they rebuilt. They typically have extra picks in the draft with a lot of extras in the top 3 rounds.

It wasn’t until the last 2 years where they started to transition to using the draft capital assets to try to go for it (we’ll one 1st was an I’ll advised offer sheet but still). They do draft and develop well but they also have given themselves many more chances to find talent, which is what rebuilding is all about.

I'm still not so sure. I don't think they realized one day "oh this team's going nowhere so we should just suck intentionally". They were always trying to improve but to their credit there would come a point where they realized they weren't making the playoffs and sell their assets like Sekera, Staal, Tlusty, etc. and not talk themselves into false and faint hope at each deadline like the Canucks would. The 2015-18 Canes problem was trying to find a worthwhile goaltender which is a big part of them faltering. While they were doing that, they drafted very well and won the lottery.

That's just my view. They were trying to do what the Canucks were doing but those 2 or 3 things they did differently were very important, and those are the 2 or 3 things that most fans would get so frustrated because we never did them.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver

# of draft picks the canes have used to draft actual players for their organization by year:

2014: 7 (extra 4th no 6th)
2015: 9 (no 3rd, extra 4th, 5th and 6th)
2016: 9 (extra 1st, 2 extra 3rds, no 7th)
2017: 8 (extra 2nd, extra 3rd, no 5th)
2018: 6 (no 3rd, extra 4th, no 5th)
2019: 12 (extra 2nd, two extra 3rd, extra 4th extra 6th)
2020: 8 (extra 2nd, extra 7th, no 5th)
2021: 13 picks (no first! Two extra 2nd, extra 3rd…..)
2022: 7 picks (again no first)

That 2021 draft was insane. They traded down 4-5 times to get extra picks and they drafted a whole slew of right-handed D I liked lol.

1666631427890.png

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Canucks win tonight 6-0.

Coffee’s guarantee

You seem to make it a point to post how bad this team is on other team boards and how ugly it is in Vancouver right now (seen some of your posts in Toronto and Edmonton threads). What's your game?

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
You seem to make it a point to post how bad this team is on other team boards and how ugly it is in Vancouver right now (seen some of your posts in Toronto and Edmonton threads). What's your game?
I too get mad and frustrated. I choose to display my pessimistic nature on other team boards. That way, they get a chuckle at one of their rivals sucking and I cool down by letting it out

• Wow
Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

I bleed Carolina Hurricane red, but I usually cheer against them so make of that what ya want T Man

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I bleed Carolina Hurricane red, but I usually cheer against them so make of that what ya want T Man
I’ve seen your type before. And I’ll tell you what, tea man is here to stay.

I’ll see you guys out on the ice….

Reactions: M2Beezy

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I know if I was a young player and had the opportunity to get out there and work almost 1 on 1 with the Twins, I'd take that chance every moment I could get.

Truly crazy how none of the three were even born yet when the Sedins were drafted.

I have to believe Aman and Hoglander must have watched the Sedins in awe growing up. 🇸🇪

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $45.00